AC Blower / Blend Door Issue? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 98' LC100 is having an odd AC issue. All of the time, the AC is ice cold. However, the blower is acting strange. Most of the time, the fan blows air as it should out all the vents. However, after I've been driving a while, its as if a baffle somewhere closes or opens making the fan blow way less air despite working just as hard. This happens regardless of if I have it on Auto everywhere or if I manually select the fan speed and location as well as if I have it intaking fresh air or recirculating. When it does this, it's still freezing cold but the air seems to be going somewhere else... namely in the passenger footwell. There will be ice hanging from the blower unit below the glove box.

I've searched this forum and google... perhaps I don't know what terms to use in the search. Can someone assist, please?

Been on the road 6 hours and the air coming out of the vents is weak, still very cold though. It’s loud near the glove box

I have been having this exact issue and thought I was imagining it!!!! For me it seems to happen randomly with less airflow coming from some vents and then will correct itself without any adjustment made. Strangely did not seem to happen this past weekend during the 110F heat wave.

Sounds like the evaporator is icing up and blocking the airflow. Could be the evaporator thermistor

I’m now running the fan with ac off. Getting ally more airflow and the air is cold, most likely because of ice behind the dash

I’m now running the fan with ac off. Getting ally more airflow and the air is cold, most likely because of ice behind the dash
Same thing just happened to me. Stopped for a while in a parking lot to try to figure things out, and there was some major melt going on, because the truck was making a huge puddle (of water) under the truck.

Same giant puddle that forms after the thaw.

Finally got mine to my local mechanic. They are suggesting it may be the expansion valve. Thoughts? Pics of freezing attached.
IMG_4720.jpg

IMG_4721.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom