AC and cooler box (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
2013 LC 200 w 43k. Was on a two hour road trip the other day. Popped in some lukewarm seltzers and expected them to be cool in about 30 min with the cool box running. Was about 70 degrees outside. However only slightly cooler air was coming in the cooler box after half hour. Fan was blowing fine but drinks were not cooled down at all- usually I have been very impressed with how cold they get. I’ve noticed the overall AC doesn’t have the “brrrr” feeling to it either. Is this a simple recharge job or something else? Still have 18 months on my Toyota platinum warranty and have read other threads where looks like cool box is quite a job. Thanks!

If your AC isn't as cold either it isn't likely the coolbox itself as much as low refrigerant charge, they use the same compressor and condensor, just having evaporators in the front, rear, and coolbox. Should be covered. Bring it in and have them diagnose.. if charge is low they need to find the leak, fix it, and charge again with factory spec. It'll be ice cold again after that.

Oh, and don't let them cheap out and put "stop leak" in there. They need to do a proper job of locating the leak and addressing it the right way.

Thanks for the information. About how long should it take for the cooler box to take a few cans of room temp seltzer to cold? My box is blowing cooler than outside air but it’s not cold. I used to think 20-30 minutes and drinks were pretty darn cold.

So they confirmed Freon was low and said they put some UV liquid or something in with the Freon and to bring it back in a few weeks so they can check for leaks. Does this sound about right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom