AC Amplifier Compatibility (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 97 LX450 and the AC amplifier recently went out on it. The AC amplifier controls the AUTO function on the HVAC controls but also takes input from other sensors to control the HVAC system. Without it I have no AC and no fan controls. This module (88650-60211 or -60212) is obsolete and vendors want $350 to $650.

I'm not sure what is plugged into this from the Land Cruiser or if it even has a different wiring harness.

The question is if anyone has tried replacing this with a standard Land Cruiser module? I don't care about the auto function, I just hate spending so much on a 23 yr old obsolete part.

I've read all the threads on the subject but I can't get an answer on this or even understand what is plugged into this harness on the LC.

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
You may want to try contacting United Radio in Syracuse. I've never used them myself, and there's no mention of them here on Mud but they specialize in repairing automotive electronics and they have a very good reputation.

Cheers

I have a 97 LX450 and the AC amplifier recently went out on it. The AC amplifier controls the AUTO function on the HVAC controls but also takes input from other sensors to control the HVAC system. Without it I have no AC and no fan controls. This module (88650-60211 or -60212) is obsolete and vendors want $350 to $650.

I'm not sure what is plugged into this from the Land Cruiser or if it even has a different wiring harness.

The question is if anyone has tried replacing this with a standard Land Cruiser module? I don't care about the auto function, I just hate spending so much on a 23 yr old obsolete part.

I've read all the threads on the subject but I can't get an answer on this or even understand what is plugged into this harness on the LC.

Thanks for any help.

Post up here for a good used replacement?
I know there are used replacements out there and I’m in contact with another Mud member to buy his. It seems that the going rate for these has risen three fold in the last 3-5 years and they will only become more rare. Wondering if there’s an alternate for this obsolete part need to keep our cruisers alive.

I believe that the 97 40th Anniversary LC with auto AC has the same module. IMHO nothing else will work. I repaired mine but the failure was just the recirc/fresh vent operation. There's certainly no way to plug and play anything else. A common cause of failure in these is water intrusion....if you havent removed yours and inspected it you should do so. Sometimes, just cleaning the crud with a toothbrush and electronic cleaner will restore it. Look for burned up circuit board traces at the bottom edge where water sits. I drilled a hole in the bottom case to let water out....and fixed my windshield.

I had a similar issue 5-6 years ago with water intrusion after botched windshield replacement. There was a thread looking at possible replacement options for the automatic climate control computer. Something about the climate control computer from a Canada spec HD-81 or HDJ-81 (?) was mentioned and was cheaper. I have the part number written down somewhere but it will take some digging. I was fortunate, my unit resumed function after allowing area to completely dry out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom