ABS/VTRAC/VCS OFF Lights Come on Briefly When In Park + Pressing Brake (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Could the ABS computer need replacing?
Did you go through the troubleshooting procedures I linked in a previous post above when I said it sounds like the ECU needs replaced?

Did you go through the troubleshooting procedures I linked in a previous post above when I said it sounds like the ECU needs replaced?
Haven’t had a ton of time, but tried again today.

C1224: NE Signal Circuit

— Step 2 says to remove the ECU with connectors still connected, then check voltage on the top left of the second connector. I left the ECU in place so I wouldn’t have to risk losing the two bolts, and just laid upside down to test. Stuck my multimeter down next to the wire into the connector — not too hard, but enough to get a reading. I’m getting a steady 5.6V with the LC idling. The instructions say it should pulse between 3-6V and < 1V. I am not getting a pulse just a constant 5.6V. It does show 0 or 0.016 when ignition in the ON position (says it should be 3-6V OR <1 V).

So does this definitive enough to say the ABS ECU needs to be replaced? If so, where to source one from? Part # looks to be 8954060080

Additionally re: 1246 - I’ve plugged in Techstream but as noted in one of the posts above, I don’t even see a MAS CYL PRS 1 or MAS CYL PRESS 1 listed. Not sure if that is my version of Techstream or what.

Really trying to avoid the dealership because I figure they’ll just say give us $4k to replace everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom