ABS, VSC TRAC, VSC OFF lights on while stopped? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've noticed something odd. When stopped at a red light for 2-3min, my ABS, VSC TRAC and VSC OFF lights turn on. Once I start driving again, they'll turn off in a few minutes. However if I get stopped at another annoying red light, they'll turn back on. If I leave the car in park at the redlight, the lights do not turn on.

Has anyone else experienced this or know what the issue could be? I'm assuming it has something to do with the ABS or brakes since it only happens when the brake pedal is depressed.

I should also mention that I don't notice any difference in driveability when the lights turn on or when they turn off.

I've been doing some digging online and it seems it can be the ABS wheel sensor or master cylinder? Anyone experience this or know how to determine if this is a relatively cheap or expensive fix? I'm hoping since there is no change in how it drives or brakes its nothing too serious.

Our LX suffered from the same issue, though the same 3 lights illuminated when I put on the brakes. Turns out there was a short in the tailgate harness where it went from the body to the tailgate. I dissected the harness and found a short between ground and brake wires. Rebuilt that area of the harness and problem disappeared.

hth

Steve

Our LX suffered from the same issue, though the same 3 lights illuminated when I put on the brakes. Turns out there was a short in the tailgate harness where it went from the body to the tailgate. I dissected the harness and found a short between ground and brake wires. Rebuilt that area of the harness and problem disappeared.

hth

Steve

Dang. I am not a fan of playing with electrical. Wrench stuff, sure. But I don't like wires.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom