ABS / VSC issue, comes on when more than a few mph (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

arcteryx

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.cruiseryard.com
I was driving my 2001 100 awhile back and went across a RR track, so a slight incline and decline. The decline had a gradual turn to the right. As I landed from the tracks, I hear an alarm and the dash lights up ABS/VSC. Subsequently, the wife tells me the 100 has the ABS, VSC TRAC, and VSC OFF lights on a few days later. I hooked up my scanner and it points to the front right speed sensor. I change that out, clear codes but now when I go more than a few mphs, the ABS comes on. It's not drivable obviously.

Looking at the codes, I get :
C0200 - front right speed sensor
C0210 - rear right speed sensor
C1207 - P/R switch
C1223 - ABS control malfunction
C1340 - Open circuit in center diff

It could be a wring issue but given it just started on a near DD vehicle, I am suspect. Or it could be the booster :( Has anyone experienced the issue where ABS is on almost immediately? What did you do to resolve it?

Have you checked for rodent chewed wires, even happens in the city?

I think what you're looking for is a zero point calibration.

Mine did the same (anything over a few MPH would trigger the Christmas tree and all the beeping) after rebuilding the entire front end—I was so tired of things by that point that I took it into the shop. The guy at the shop mentioned that the computer thought everything was completely out of sync and just needed to be reset. Reputable shop, and it hasn't happened since.

Have you checked for rodent chewed wires, even happens in the city?

I did look briefly but didn't see anything, will do that if the below doesn't work.

I think what you're looking for is a zero point calibration.

Mine did the same (anything over a few MPH would trigger the Christmas tree and all the beeping) after rebuilding the entire front end—I was so tired of things by that point that I took it into the shop. The guy at the shop mentioned that the computer thought everything was completely out of sync and just needed to be reset. Reputable shop, and it hasn't happened since.

Is your truck lifted? Mine is.

Ditto on the zero point calibration.

I did look briefly but didn't see anything, will do that if the below doesn't work.

Is your truck lifted? Mine is.

Yep. Glad to hear all is well. Wish I would have figured it out before paying a shop to do it.

I used my scanner. But I ended up having replace the sensor with a new one, they are not cheap. Haven't had a problem since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom