ABS vs AHC (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'd check the wiring and plug beyond the sensor very closely to make sure there isn't an issue there. These things are just fancy resistors and any messed up wiring in the circuit could lead to false readings as well.
Ok, we're getting somewhere, I replaced the wire harness from the sensor to the engine bay with the new one and the plug just fell out in the engine bay easily.
The truck then cycled the suspension and is now stuck in Low and will just flash the selected height indefinitely.

I had two codes, one for a wheel speed sensor 1776 and the 1171? I had earlier with the height sensor malfunction.

I cleared those and am now stuck in Low and at:
FR Height Sensor: 1.6
FL Height Sensor -3.0
RR Height Sensor -1.3

I'd check the wiring and plug beyond the sensor very closely to make sure there isn't an issue there. These things are just fancy resistors and any messed up wiring in the circuit could lead to false readings as well.
Ok, we're getting somewhere, I replaced the wire harness from the sensor to the engine bay with the new one and the plug just fell out in the engine bay easily.
The truck then cycled the suspension and is now stuck in Low and will just flash the selected height indefinitely.

I had two codes, one for a wheel speed sensor 1776 and the 1171? I had earlier with the height sensor malfunction.

I cleared those and am now at:
FR Height Sensor: 1.6
FL Height Sensor -3.0
RR Height Sensor -1.3
I'm thinking step two on that cheat sheet is helpful right now while you get the sensors reporting zero when you're actually at the normal zero heights.
OK So the sheet is hard to do if the system doesn't work but the truck falls to L after putting in H and is as follows since your sheet doesn't go this low.
Actual measurement in L after falling:
FL 17 1/2 inches
FR 17 3/4 inches
RL 18 1/2 inches
RR 19 Inches

Techstream says:
FR +1.6
FL -3.1
RR -1.4
Front Pressure 12.8
Rear Pressure 9.3

How old are the globes?

I just replaced them in my truck. The rear sagged to the bump stops, then after trying to cycle the system a few times, just stayed n low with the AHC "off" light on. Replaced the globes and all is great now.

How old are the globes?

I just replaced them in my truck. The rear sagged to the bump stops, then after trying to cycle the system a few times, just stayed n low with the AHC "off" light on. Replaced the globes and all is great now.
An update,

I let my mechanic friend borrow it this last week to move some stuff. He and I then played with it in the garage and trouble shooting we found that the harnesses were backwards. Swapped the pins and it now works.
I still need to pump the torsion bars up for the pressure is high but overall works and rides great now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom