ABS system in winter time (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Did anybody try to disable ABS in winter time?I hate when the pedal gets spongy and you don't have control over the vehicle.:confused:

Did you read the FAQ? I guess not ;).

Try this thread:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=63035

Regards

Samo

P.S.: I allways disable ABS on the snow. But when driving on the snow, it's best to have TRAC. But mine '98 doesn't have TRAC - it has a rear locker that is useless on the snow. Even central diff is best left unlocked (OK, this depends on the conditions). I've find out, that (like on LC80) you can have ABS disabled and CDL unlocked even with a mod I've described: just lock CDL, excelerate to 60 km/h, unlock CDL and that's it - ABS disabled with no lock engaged

Thanks for the info.I'm gonna install ON/OFF switch on pin #6 and put somewhere on the dashboard.This way I can go no ABS in 2WD or 4WD.:beer:

It will be harder to turn off 4WD then ABS ;) (as this car has full time 4WD)

Regards

Samo

P.S.: LC100 is a bit expensive for learning how to brake without ABS. So I said in that thread: only for drivers who know how to brake without ABS....

SamoL said:

any chanse to know ..

i would love to see ON/OFF switch for the full time 4wd on the 2uz-fe ..

here with the 1fz-fe its 2wd from 98 to 05 but 06 its full time 4wd ( only the 1fz-fe) ..

SamoL said:

Regards

Samo

P.S.: LC100 is a bit expensive for learning how to brake without ABS. So I said in that thread: only for drivers who know how to brake without ABS....

I'm getting confused now.I think my 98' LC100 has switch for 4WD (called here as CDL) just below hazards and it is not full time 4WD. It has automatic transmission.Maybe that is the difference between manual and automatic.:confused:

all 100s in the us are full time four wheel drive. the button you are refering to is to lock the center differential. which makes both the front and rear axles get the same power.

bwbski26 said:
all 100s in the us are full time four wheel drive. the button you are refering to is to lock the center differential. which makes both the front and rear axles get the same power.

ALL the UZJ100 in world are 4WD ..

the 4wd for the 1FZ-FE and 1HD are optional .. it depends on the dealer .. its not a customer option only for dealers .. :hillbilly

As far as I know, ALL LC100 (including LC105) have 4WD. Some of them have full time 4WD (central dif), some (LC105 as far as I know) have part time 4WD. CDL switch blocks central dif and therefore front and rear axle get equal torque and behaviour is equal as with part time 4WD with front wheel drive active.

Regards

Samo

Apologize.Of course full time 4WD.Mod is done and i can't wait for a next snow fall to test it.I grew up in mountains of Europe where snow was on the ground from late November to April.All my vehicles back then had no ABS and were 2WD. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom