ABS speed sensors failure (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys, few days ago I changed on my '98 LC both steering knuckles, drive shafts and abs wheels speed sensors. In particular, only speed sensors were non genuine parts but by Holstein.
Now it happens that while I'm braking, just right before car stops, the brake pedal shakes like during ABS activation with its typical sound and moves down. So, both front hubs and speed sensors were cleaned carefully but the problem didn't disappear. What do you think about?

Hi, is there anyone able to help me in solving the problem regarding ABS speed sensors failure?

Only thing that comes to mind would be to check the connectors again. Unplug and replug them in again. Or, one of them may be faulty. Are you certain they are the correct length, same as oem and they match the original sensors in all other physical design characteristics?
If you have access to an oscilloscope your can verify operation by jacking up and rotating the wheel. With the sensor hooked to the O scope you should see a nice clean wave form varying in frequency with wheel rotation speed.

All done. As soon as I changed the aftermarket ABS speed sensors with genuine parts, the problem disapperead. Toyota does it better!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom