ABS light on swapped 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
4bt 1995 80 series , abs light came on after being parked for a minute , anyway to get rid of this light wasn’t on before I had her down.

Figure out what’s wrong with the ABS or removed the bulb

I guess I asked a stupid question so I should except a stupid comeback,
Basically what I was wondering is what are the normal causes for this , is there something simple ? Does it happen often ? Is there a reason it tripped after sitting ?
Has anyone else has experience with the ABS light coming on after sitting ?
I guess I posted a vague paragraph.

Sometimes it's due to small chips of metal stuck on the (magnetic) tips of the ABS sensor(s). Cleaning the tips might fix the issue. Could also be a poor connection, corrosion in a connector or break/short in a wire.

Keep a close eye on your hubs, or noticing any weird grabbing or dragging. My light came on and my abs module had degraded internally. It began randomly engaging various wheels, or not fully releasing. Had to scrap a trip.

I guess I asked a stupid question so I should except a stupid comeback,
Basically what I was wondering is what are the normal causes for this , is there something simple ? Does it happen often ? Is there a reason it tripped after sitting ?
Has anyone else has experience with the ABS light coming on after sitting ?
I guess I posted a vague paragraph.
I would hardly call what you posted a proper sentence let alone a paragraph…

4bt 1995 80 series , abs light came on after being parked for a minute , anyway to get rid of this light wasn’t on before I had her down.
Look for rodent damage on wires on the axle or under hood.

Otherwise, what the others have said above. No, it's not common.

No, you're not going to die because your ABS light is on. Braking will be no different other than you may have lock-up on wheels.

Pump your brakes, you know, like we all USED to do.

Last edited:
Basically what I was wondering is what are the normal causes for this

There aren't any.

Does it happen often

No, which is why there aren't normal causes.

Is there a reason it tripped after sitting ?

You said it sat for "a minute". Did you mean it in the SoCal slang way of meaning "a very long time"? If so, how long are we taking? Or did you stop at a convenience store and when you came back out the light wouldn't turn off?

If "a minute" meant months, I would probably be thinking about mice eating wires or corrosion building up.

The factory service manual has instructions for diagnosing the ABS system. No idea how that's going to with with a formerly OBD2 diesel conversion, though.

@William839

Dude - I pulled both front and rear ABS sensors + harnesses, at least I think I did. Maybe I just pulled the front ones and haven't gotten to the rears yet. LMK, if you want them for spares. I'm part time with hub lock outs.

Just delete it, and pull the bulb

@William839

Dude - I pulled both front and rear ABS sensors + harnesses, at least I think I did. Maybe I just pulled the front ones and haven't gotten to the rears yet. LMK, if you want them for spares. I'm part time with hub lock outs.
I’ll check into it first , might grab them from you in case anyways .. been outta town so haven’t looked into to the ABS issue, unfortunately this is one of the last things on my long list right now..

I’ll check into it first , might grab them from you in case anyways .. been outta town so haven’t looked into to the ABS issue, unfortunately this is one of the last things on my long list right now..
ABS system in these rigs are uber reliable so I doubt it's anything major. But if you're a TRUE Landcruiser nut, you SHOULD be hording my ABS takeoff parts :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom