ABS light on, and I dont care. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
simple as that. my ABS light is on, and has been for 3 years. I don't care. I hated when the ABS actually worked because they would activate even if i wasn't braking hard. I want to turn off the stupid idiot light. is there a fuse i can pull or something? thanks.

Pull the dash and then pull the bulb out. Search CEL Light Replacement and you should run into a tutorial on how to remove the gauge cluster and pull the lights behind it.

There's a fuse for all the lights, I believe.

Look on the fuse diagram on the fuses under the hood, and there's probably an ABS.

Just like the one for EFI which turns off my check engine light often.

Whenever I drive on freeways....

There's a fuse for all the lights, I believe.
Look on the fuse diagram on the fuses under the hood, and there's probably an ABS.

The ABS fuse disables ABS, not the ABS light. Pulling the fuse will cause the light to come on (and in this situation, stay on). Either pull the cluster and take the bulb out or stick a piece of black electrical tape over the cluster cover.

Remove the lower kick panel by the drivers side door under the dash. There you will find the ABS computer. Unplugging it will turn the dash light off and disable ABS.
:idea:

The ABS fuse disables ABS, not the ABS light. Pulling the fuse will cause the light to come on (and in this situation, stay on). Either pull the cluster and take the bulb out or stick a piece of black electrical tape over the cluster cover.

Well I figure if you pull out the EFI fuse and the check engine light goes off, then if you pull the ABS fuse, the ABS light will go off, while not really solving the problem.

I pulled the dash and pulled the ABS light. :D No light no worries.

I know about the liability crap posted before. I prefer no ABS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom