ABS light is on, no fault codes, 1997 LX450

Just as a further followup: While checking out the above-mentioned circuitry, I had ordered a spare ABS Relay assembly and decided to take my old one apart just to check out what type of aging and wear I might find on the inside, especially to the relay contacts. I first noticed it was very difficult to take the cover off, but once that was accomplished, I realized it was intentionally made to fit together tight and sealed with a rubber gasket around the base. There were no signs of invasive moisture or any other contaminants, and to my astonishment, there were no signs of any wear to the relay contacts on either relay! They looked new! If this doesn't sell you on Toyota quality, nothing will. So if anyone suggests in the future that your ABS Relay might be bad...it ain't likely!

My 97 lx450 ABS light just came on out of the blue today. I need to learn how to run the tests you mention in this thread.
The best place to start is by using the uploaded diagnostic pages made available by *izzyandsue on page 1 of this thread. That procedure will work for the 1997 LX450. The uploaded pdf wiring diagram supplied later will not work.

Does anyone have an old ABS Pump Motor and Actuator Assembly that they have removed from their '97 LX450 and are not going to use and would part with? I would like to do some research on one before I pull mine apart. Thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom