ABS Delete port question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CharlieS

GOLD Star
Threads
So I did an ABS-ectomy and might have had a few #6, and put the rear line connected to the rearmost port on the master cylinder and the front line on the frontmost port. Does it matter? Shouldn't theh both have the same
amount of braking pressure (only the LSPv modifies the amount going to the rear calipers - and that is coming out in favor of a manual proportioning valve shortly).

I can easily swap them, but would like to understand if I need to swap them or it is a nice to have

In the absence of confirmation, I switched it to match what others before me have done.

I also deleted the lspv.

What is the forum favorite way to get at the two bolts on the lspv bracket on the vertical surface facing the gas tank? I don't think I can get a wrench or socket in there... I'm tempted to cut the bracket with an oscillating tool, but wanted to seek the wisdom of the board first.

In the absence of confirmation, I switched it to match what others before me have done.

I also deleted the lspv.

What is the forum favorite way to get at the two bolts on the lspv bracket on the vertical surface facing the gas tank? I don't think I can get a wrench or socket in there... I'm tempted to cut the bracket with an oscillating tool, but wanted to seek the wisdom of the board first.
My bracket is still there. When I replace the existing tank (cracked on top/common issue) I will remove it.

I just did this, I was able to fit a wrench up there.

That gives me some hope. I'll try again without brake fluid dripping in my face and see if that helps. :)

I forgot to update this. I swapped the lines to the "correct" ports. I used a Sawzall to cut the lspv bracket. One day, I'll remove the rest of the bracket. :)

The guy that did my safety inspection asked me "what did you do to the rear brake lines?". Oops. :) Luckily he was cool about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom