Abs code 33 after new springs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for anyone's input. I put new ironman springs in this weekend. When it got all wrapped up I now have a abs light. I pulled the code and got a 33( which states right rear wheel sensor) I visually looked at the sensor and all looks fine. Does anyone have any input on this, also I was gonna pull the sensor and clean it up and reinstall. I have never pulled one, can I just take the bolt out and pull it out? Any thoughts or advice would be great. Also when the code states right side, I assume it's the passenger side?
Thanks in advance

What size lift did you go with? Are they 3" springs Factory replacement height, what?

Im guessing this is a problem associated with the LSPV. If you did in fact lift the truck even an inch or so the rear brake sensor will try to make up for it. it is also possible that you kinked a brake line and the caliper is moving really slowly.

have you driven on a gravel road and slammed on the brakes? I highly doubt that this will fix your sensor problem but you will know if your LSPV is out of its range by doing so.

good luck!

I put in an ironman 2" lift. I talked with them and they stated they have never had an issue with that lift. I can't see anything pinched. What will slamming the brakes on gravel do? I also just had the abs actually impact the stopping. I was on smooth paved road and it acted like when the abs acts up on a grooves highway right before the toll both( hopefully that describes it right)

It is possible that you damaged the rear harness during the installation. Check the whole thing.

Yeah it sound like the Load Sensor Proportining valve is applying to much brake to the rear wheels.

Slamming on your brakes on gravel will give you the ability to determine what wheels lock up first front or rear. If the rears are locking first, leaving deeper ruts than the front then that is your culprit. slee has some good info on adjusting the LSPV and the reasons why.

I think I have this right but this is what I understand. You are driving down the road and you punch the brakes. The rear of the car is going to jack up under the force of braking. Generally this tells the vehicle to apply more brake in the back to controll the skid. The way you are driving it right now the truck thinks its always in the hard stop position IE ass in the air 2 extra inches.

The LSPV will not trigger an ABS light.

The LSPV will not trigger an ABS light.

I stand corrected. However, it does seem like the LSPV is something he will want to addres according to his second post.

Thanks Dan!

When an 80 is lifted the rear brake pressure is reduced because the vehicle thinks it's lighter than it actually is. Now if he adjusted it down and went too far the vehicle will think it's heavier than it is and will apply too much braking force to the rear wheels.

It sounds like I am a bit confused on the adjustment and effect of said adjustment of the LSPV.

Good luck again!

Search LSPV on here and see what you come up with.

I do think this (LSPV) is something you will have to address. However, C-Dan knows his s*** and if he is saying that the LSPV would not trip any codes then he is right. Dont let my limited knowledge muddy the waters of your search.
I would love to hear how all this turns out.

So I double checked all the wires and can't find anything wrong. And now the abs light stays on all the time?

Checking the wires should include a resistance test with an ohmeter, as the damage may be inside the harness.

What happens when you allow the axle to hang while installing spring, is the wires become stretched, possibly to the point of breaking.

Checking the wires should include a resistance test with an ohmeter, as the damage may be inside the harness.

What happens when you allow the axle to hang while installing spring, is the wires become stretched, possibly to the point of breaking.

+1

As cDan has stated, your problems most likely is a damaged sensor wiring upon installation.

LSPV has nothing to do with ABS light.

Maybe you can pull the sensor, switch to other side and reset your codes. Now see if code changes (to other side), if code does not change then your damage might be further up the wiring.

(I'm assuming that the ABS sensors are identical on both sides)

I think that is tomm project switching sensors ( I think the rear are the same) and see if it is the wires or sensors. Thanks again everyone for there input. Does anyone know how to clear abs codes?

Just disconect the battery for about 10 minutes.

Or find the EFI fuse and pull it for about 10 minutes.

Same outcome.

Its in your wiring something got messed up during install
The brake valve has nothing to do with ABS light it varies the amount of braking from the front to the rear and vise versa

So I pulled the wires and somewhere between the sensor an were the wire plugs in the middle of the axle area; there is a brake in it. So my question, can I just splice in a new wire( or do I have to worry about it being the wring size as far as current or ohms or something like that?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom