ABS and non-ABS master cylinder the same? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Im looking for a mc from the parted oout section, are all 80's the same?

TIA

Jeremiah Proffit told me there is no such think as a non-ABS 80-series imported by Toyota into the USA.

Marlin Crawler claims to sell such an animal so you have two very respected vendors contradicting each other.

Jeremiah Proffit told me there is no such think as a non-ABS 80-series imported by Toyota into the USA.

Marlin Crawler claims to sell such an animal so you have two very respected vendors contradicting each other.

Some '93's maybe even '94's came with semi float/drum brakes in the rear, without the ABS system...

yes, its more common than everyone thinks. i have a 94 no abs, semi float rear drum, no vc

^ x2 what he said

All 1991-1992 80 Series LC's were non-ABS.

Well then there you have it.

Does anyone know what the difference is between the ABS and non-ABS master cylinders?

OK, diff part numbers..that could be something as simple as a different cap or plug on the low level sensor. ABS is typically accomplished with sensors in the wheels, 'solenoid block' (for lack of a better term) and algorithms in the computer.

Other than the PN's, what is different about the MC's??? Bore, stroke, residual pressure valves, other??????

Does it need to be a non abs 1fz mc or can i use a any fj80 non-abs mc? dan, can i get a defiinite on which years will work on my non-abs 94? Just because the part numbers change doesnt always mean it wont work, ie u-joints.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom