ABS and Diff lock lights staying on (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My friend has a 97 cruiser without the diff locks. Everytime we take it off roading, the ABS and Diff Lock lights on the dash come on and stay on until after we've been on pavement for a while afterwards. It also seems to pull to the right when the lights are on too, which I thought was weird. After the lights turned off, the cruiser stopped pulling to the right. I'm wondering if this could be an issue with the caliper.... Has anybody else seen this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I dont have F/R lockers either. After engaging the CDL (CDL switch and 7pin on mine), it typical takes a little bit to dis-engage if just driving forward. The old general rule of thumb I was raised doing, was to once out of center locked to drive it in reverse some feet. I supposed to help un-bind? I know if I do this, it almost instantly dis-engages. The whole reverse thing a wife's tale? not sure.

Someone here can prolly explain better/help you :).

Thanks for the response. His cruiser doesn't even have a CDL switch... Has anybody else had any problems with this?

Thanks for the response. His cruiser doesn't even have a CDL switch... Has anybody else had any problems with this?

when you put it in low it also locks the cdl and turns the abs off.

Just to clarify my earlier response. Mine did as I described before before and after adding the CDL switch.

This behavior is normal. Regardless of whether or not you have the CDL switch, when you lock the center diff (put into 4Low or pressing the CDL switch if you have one), the ABS and Diff Lock light will come on. The drivetrain gets bound up to some degree, and you have to "unbind", so to speak, the drivetrain before the center diff will completely unlock and return you to all wheel drive, at which point the lights should go off. The drive backwards approach works as well, at least for me. Normally my dash light indicators do not stay on very long after returning to 4High or unlocking the center diff via the CDL switch.

Okay, cool. I'll have them try moving in reverse next time we go diggin. His lights stayed on for a good 25 minutes after we finished, but we never tried running in reverse.

Thanks

My ABS has been off for a long time and with 38s I don't need them!:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom