SOLD ABQ NM: 1963 FST FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
Tan
1963 FJ40 Factory Soft Top

Price drop $12,500

Clean NM title

It does have a matching era set of doors and hardtop to go with it. Price can be lowered $1000 if I keep the top and doors. The top is cracked. Most likely from a high speed ride and not having the front bolted to the windshield properly.

It has a 2F swap

New master clutch and slave cylinder

New brake master

Tank flush

New fuel lines ran

New battery

New ignition

5 BFG all terrains near 100% tread recently installed (nubs present)

The spare is new.

The cruiser has the original paint from what it appears

Heater, guages, lights, wipers, etc all appear to be present

VADER LIGHT present

Trans shifts into gears properly

Factory column shift

Original light switch, wiper switch

All original seats are present

All jack and rod clamps are present

5 original rivet rims, 2 original rear hubcaps

This cruiser was bought from a collection where the owner had over 10 FJ40’s

This is the final one from that collection. I have owned this twice since I originally bought it. This sat for a few years before I purchased it.

Needs:

possibly brake work.( I’ve bled them just haven’t adjusted the shoes)

A carb rebuild?, seat covers, rear view mirror, trans, diff, tcase, fluid change, vacuum check, windshield rubber. One spare tire carrier hinge is broken.

I am moving to Florida and have decided to sell this before my move. I am house hunting and will not have the space or time to finish this off and make it really a great patina ride. If I kept it I’d feel bad rebuilding it and switching to LS era stuff. It should stay a true Landcruiser patina ride.

I do have video of it running. And it does drive. But I’ve only driven it around locally. I haven’t taken it on the highway.

Rust wise. See the pictures. This has held up very well aside from the rust starting to show at the rear sill. The quarters, rockers, floor inside, wheel wells, and underneath look solid. Surface as you’d expect from a Southwest Early 60’s LC.

Can help load if someone wants to have it shipped. Sold several vehicles that ended up elsewhere. Have references if needed as well.

575-202-4624 leave a message if I don’t answer. Or send a text.

Will consider trade for a FJ55, FJ80. If you have a FJ45 LV ((suv) version of a FJ40) to sell or trade let me know

B228935E-BF75-4BC3-97DC-3A550FB7C861.jpeg

5CC3675C-A6FC-41D4-AEB3-0ABA67C2360B.jpeg

23DB579C-9539-4705-BFCE-E26D109C4417.png

Last edited:
Cool rig, so many original parts. That generator mounted to the 2f is wild! haha. I love that whoever did the swap kept it. :steer:

Cool rig, so many original parts. That generator mounted to the 2f is wild! haha. I love that whoever did the swap kept it. :steer:
Guy that had it originally had 10+ Landcruisers but this was the one he drove the most. I think he loved the early year and originality of it. I’m tempted to keep it and put a 2F fuel injection kit on it.

Who knows what rigsi are selling for?? Lots of rigs advertised and never know what or if they sell. If something doesnt sell, then it priced too high. Sometimes sellers need to ask themselves, would I pay this much?! I just sold this 65 fst, pto, one owner california 40 for 22k! The market is so overinflated and flooded with overpriced non selling rigs!( I do like your 40, but somewhere in the 4 figure range)

A30126DB-B0E2-4A15-99C7-5C215C854578.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom