ABQ - Does your 100 have exhaust? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm giving some thought to doing any exhaust on my 100 in the next few months. Does anyone in Abq have exhaust done to theirs that I can listen to? I keep hearing different stories about different muffler replacements with/without resonators. I just want a bit more sound but don't want the drone on the highway that people talk about. Doug Thorley keeps coming up.

What do you have? What have you done?

A pic of my rig for views.

MattO

IMG_5160.JPG

I have the Gibson SS catback exhaust with the OEM resonator for the 4.7. It sounded like s*** w/o the resonator, well at least for this old guy anyway. With the OEM resonator, there's a nice, low sound but definitely not a drone on the hwy. I'll need to get the intermediate pipe with the cats and the famous Doug Thorley SS headers and finish out the exhaust nicely.

I'm giving some thought to doing any exhaust on my 100 in the next few months. Does anyone in Abq have exhaust done to theirs that I can listen to? I keep hearing different stories about different muffler replacements with/without resonators. I just want a bit more sound but don't want the drone on the highway that people talk about. Doug Thorley keeps coming up.

What do you have? What have you done?

A pic of my rig for views.

MattO

View attachment 1629395
Hey there- digging this up to see what exhaust you chose. I have read hours of opinions but nothing really helps make a choice other than someone who has done the same thing and even better is semi-local and willing to show their truck/ let me listen to it. What did you install on your 100? Thanks! I live north of Denver.

Hey there- digging this up to see what exhaust you chose. I have read hours of opinions but nothing really helps make a choice other than someone who has done the same thing and even better is semi-local and willing to show their truck/ let me listen to it. What did you install on your 100? Thanks! I live north of Denver.
Come to one of our breakfast meetings, and maybe Juan will let you listen to his GX.

You live north of DEN so why are you in an ABQ thread? ;)

Because we are a knowledgeable, loveable bunch of folks. Plus, he probably did a MUD-search and found us that way.

Because I have searched and read on this subject for hours, saw that someone in this group was in the same boat that I am, and I was hoping for nice, friendly feedback about the exhaust they may have installed on the same truck I have. Also, NM is not far away and I am there from time to time. But the location doesn't matter- that's the beauty of this site. Do you have a 100 series Landcruiser with aftermarket exhaust that you can give your opinion about?

Come to one of our breakfast meetings, and maybe Juan will let you listen to his GX.

That would be awesome! Thanks ill see if I can make it soon! However I need a muffler probably sooner.

That would be awesome! Thanks ill see if I can make it soon! However I need a muffler probably sooner.
Have you connected with people from the Rising Sun Club? There are a fair number of those guys with 100-series in the Denver area that have likely replaced mufflers. I have a 100 but it has always lived in the desert, mostly in my garage and only has 130K miles on it so my muffler is still OEM and working fine.

Oh, and @theocruiser (Matt) sold his 100-series and doesn't have any other Toyotas so I'm not sure he's ever on MUD anymore.

I kept everything stock on my exhaust with the exception of swapping out the stock muffler with a flow master 40 and leaving the resonator. Has a nice sound but no drone and still quiet in the cab on my GX.

Because I have searched and read on this subject for hours, saw that someone in this group was in the same boat that I am, and I was hoping for nice, friendly feedback about the exhaust they may have installed on the same truck I have. Also, NM is not far away and I am there from time to time. But the location doesn't matter- that's the beauty of this site. Do you have a 100 series Landcruiser with aftermarket exhaust that you can give your opinion about?

In addition to post #3 above, I've added Doug Thorley shorty headers, Magnaflow Y pipe on top of the Gibson SS catback exhaust with the stock resonator. Yeah, she sounds real nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom