1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

About to take the plunge and get a JDM

Discussion in 'INTL- JDM Owners Alliance' started by _Walker_, Mar 2, 2007.

1. _Walker_

_Walker_

Hey all so iv found a HZJ73 that may well be the replacement for my BJ60! I must admit im somewhat excited about the whole idea of a NEW (well somewhat new) crusier parked in my driveway. However before I go and blow a whole big ball of $$ I thought it prudent to see if anyone here has dealt with kktrading before. www.kktrading-aurora.com. Iv been in communication with the guys there (they are located in Japan) and they seem to be a pretty decent operation but still I thought it would be worth to check here!

Any suggestions on anything more specific I should ask about? Hints on any specific qwerks of the 73? Im assuming you CAN take the hard top off correct? Would I be better off getting something with a Turbo (Im planning to snorkel the thing and swim it around a bit I was assuming turbo would be a bad idea.) PS anyone interested in a 83 BJ60?

2. TwoThirtyDirty

TwoThirtyDirty

3. wussyPup

wussyPup just another ex-VI Cruiser

I exchanged emails with them while searching for my Cruiser. They were open and responsive with me.

I was pretty serious about one of their HDJ81s, but decided I didn't want to pay their price. About two weeks later, I bought that same Cruiser at auction (I didn't realize it at the time). I understand that some of their vehicles are for sale on consignment; when the owner loses patience, they may be sent to auction.

g'luck, -Steve

4. _Walker_

_Walker_

Thanks guys... Ya I figured id rather get a JDM now before it got a whole lot more expensive to bring one in, the HZJ73 im looking at isn't "Exactly" what I want but its a better (IE less rust) platform to build the truck I want... Lets just hope ICBC doesn't turn the flak cannons on RHD vehicles... So no one here has had any bad experiences with this fellow?

5. Martin White

Martin White

I know ATEB has a 73 they want to sell and also one of their customers has a 73 HE wants to sell. Their customers truck has the 1HZ engine and is a std. It was there a few days ago. Might be worth giving them a call and finding out whether or not it's worth the trouble of bringing one in yourself or just buying one that's already here.

6. nickw

nickw

/start shamless plug
    Not sure if you would be interested in a 74.
    Mine is locked and loaded with all the toys and goodied.
    I have considered selling it. I love it to death, and don't have to sell.
    But I am considering downsizing.
    If your interested let me know.
    /end shamless plug

As for the KK trading.
    I looked at bringing one in with them.
    They seemed very nice and helpful.
    I know Gold Boy got his 74 from them.

Cheers,
    N.

7. Jimmy B

Jimmy B

Walker,I bought my HZJ73 from Kohei(KKtrading) and had no problems at all,he is nice to deal with.My truck is posted on his site ,the 1991/7 HZJ73 with the aluminium front bumper and the roof lights.Kohei will send you pictures of any problem spots on the truck,eg: dents,chipped paint etc.My truck came exactly as described,but is now developing pealing clearcoat on the hood,a common problem I have seen on many of these trucks.
    Kohei seems to go over the trucks fairly well mechanically,I went over mine when I first received it and it had many parts replaced,he will send you a list of all the items checked,gone over or replaced.Only thing I had to replace was the headlights(common parts from Lordco,Napa etc)and install daylight running lights,otherwise it was ready to go,I am in the process of now doing the con-rod bearings and have a AXT turbo on the way.
    I have seen many of his trucks from his site running around the lower mainland and are all nice shape.

:cheers: James..

Last edited: Mar 12, 2007