About to take the plunge and get a JDM (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all so iv found a HZJ73 that may well be the replacement for my BJ60! I must admit im somewhat excited about the whole idea of a NEW (well somewhat new) crusier parked in my driveway. However before I go and blow a whole big ball of $$ I thought it prudent to see if anyone here has dealt with kktrading before. www.kktrading-aurora.com. Iv been in communication with the guys there (they are located in Japan) and they seem to be a pretty decent operation but still I thought it would be worth to check here!

Any suggestions on anything more specific I should ask about? Hints on any specific qwerks of the 73? Im assuming you CAN take the hard top off correct? Would I be better off getting something with a Turbo (Im planning to snorkel the thing and swim it around a bit I was assuming turbo would be a bad idea.) PS anyone interested in a 83 BJ60?

However before I go and blow a whole big ball of $$ I thought it prudent to see if anyone here has dealt with kktrading before. www.kktrading-aurora.com. Iv been in communication with the guys there (they are located in Japan) and they seem to be a pretty decent operation but still I thought it would be worth to check here!

I exchanged emails with them while searching for my Cruiser. They were open and responsive with me.

I was pretty serious about one of their HDJ81s, but decided I didn't want to pay their price. About two weeks later, I bought that same Cruiser at auction (I didn't realize it at the time). I understand that some of their vehicles are for sale on consignment; when the owner loses patience, they may be sent to auction.

g'luck, -Steve

Thanks guys... Ya I figured id rather get a JDM now before it got a whole lot more expensive to bring one in, the HZJ73 im looking at isn't "Exactly" what I want but its a better (IE less rust) platform to build the truck I want... Lets just hope ICBC doesn't turn the flak cannons on RHD vehicles... So no one here has had any bad experiences with this fellow?

I know ATEB has a 73 they want to sell and also one of their customers has a 73 HE wants to sell. Their customers truck has the 1HZ engine and is a std. It was there a few days ago. Might be worth giving them a call and finding out whether or not it's worth the trouble of bringing one in yourself or just buying one that's already here.

/start shamless plug
Not sure if you would be interested in a 74.
Mine is locked and loaded with all the toys and goodied.
I have considered selling it. I love it to death, and don't have to sell.
But I am considering downsizing.
If your interested let me know.
/end shamless plug

As for the KK trading.
I looked at bringing one in with them.
They seemed very nice and helpful.
I know Gold Boy got his 74 from them.

Cheers,
N.

Walker,I bought my HZJ73 from Kohei(KKtrading) and had no problems at all,he is nice to deal with.My truck is posted on his site ,the 1991/7 HZJ73 with the aluminium front bumper and the roof lights.Kohei will send you pictures of any problem spots on the truck,eg: dents,chipped paint etc.My truck came exactly as described,but is now developing pealing clearcoat on the hood,a common problem I have seen on many of these trucks.
Kohei seems to go over the trucks fairly well mechanically,I went over mine when I first received it and it had many parts replaced,he will send you a list of all the items checked,gone over or replaced.Only thing I had to replace was the headlights(common parts from Lordco,Napa etc)and install daylight running lights,otherwise it was ready to go,I am in the process of now doing the con-rod bearings and have a AXT turbo on the way.
I have seen many of his trucks from his site running around the lower mainland and are all nice shape.

:cheers: James..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom