About to pull the trigger on my lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So after way too much tire kicking, literally and figuratively, I'm about to pull the trigger on lifting the LC and getting some sliders. I've pretty much decided on the Iron Man 2" foam cell lift with the Light Racing UCA. I've been going back and forth on the sliders, but I really like the look of the White Knuckle sliders over Slee. I'm going to "attempt" to put on 305/65/18 KO2's, as I'm hoping they won't rub too much. I'm okay putting spacers on if I have to, but if it's a daily issue with rubbing, I'll have to go with something a little smaller. I'll keep you guys posted and post pics when she's done. Hopefully by the end of the month. Any words of wisdom or opinions on this setup?

DO IT

On my Tundra I was running Falken 305/65/18's and Light racing UCA's, with stock wheels I had to run spacers to clear the UCA. I'm not sure if it was the spacers or just the jump in tire size, but my turning radius went from better than a F150, to wider than a city bus. I would recommend aftermarket rims....just my .o2$ I posted a pic in the photo album section a couple weeks ago on accident. it may still be there if you want to see what 305/65s

those tires are about 33.5 (ish), right?, should fit no prob except for they will definatly rub on your UCA. I would throw on some after market wheels to get the extra clearance. You will most likely also have to remove mudflaps and do some minor trimming to have no rubbing with that size tire(especially once you pull it out from the UCA-wether you use spacers or after market wheels) Will look really good with that setup and tire size! I ordered in some 18x9 inch wheels and will be putting them on once they come in, I'll let ya know how it works out...

Yeah, 33.5". I'm hoping with the Light Racing UCA, it will help with the rubbing. I already removed the front mud flap (I'd remove the rear one too if I could find something to fill the holes). My first choice is to stick with the stock wheels and go with the KO2's, but if it really rubs too bad, I could always go back to Dura tracs. I'm okay with a little rubbing on the trails or an random scrub here and there, but If it's a daily thing, I'll have to go down to the 295's. I just really really want the KO2's...as you know. :)

:cheers:

Can't wait to see it!

I was thinking about the same setup. Let us know how it goes.

Skiime, Buddysuede I was stripping parts off my Tundra and figured, why not play around a little while I was at it. Attached are pics of 2008 LC200 with 305/65r18 Falken tires on stock tundra rims. (lift simulated with floor jack) stock height, 2", and 4" lift measured from center of hub to fender. With the SPC upper control arms I had to run spacers to clear the tires. Switching back to stock UCAs on the tundra, I'll never run spacers again. The steering is so much better without.
mock up 305 65 18 no lift.jpg mock up two inch lift.jpg mock up 4 inch lift 305 65 18.jpg

Thanks TexAZ, did you actually mount the wheels? How far do they stick out from the fender...it looks like a good bit, but it's hard to say from the pic. Did you actually drive with them on, or this was just a mock up?
For some reason I thought an aftermarket UCA would give me more space between the tires, so I'm surprised you went back with stock. Is this different from the Tundra to the LC?

I was working between very odd rain showers in june in AZ, so all I did was mount up one wheel for fit and to get an idea of how the minivan will look with real tires/shocks installed. I should have taken a pic from the front. I was pulling the SPC arms off the Tundra before selling in hopes of running Jowetts full tundra set up in the front. The tundra arms are a bit wider than the LC...waiting to see how it comes out before starting the install. If its a no go, i'll sell the tundra arms and go with Cruiser SPC adjustables and Rock Warrior wheels. The quality is great, so much heavier than the stamped steel stockers.

Yeah, 33.5". I'm hoping with the Light Racing UCA, it will help with the rubbing. I already removed the front mud flap (I'd remove the rear one too if I could find something to fill the holes). My first choice is to stick with the stock wheels and go with the KO2's, but if it really rubs too bad, I could always go back to Dura tracs. I'm okay with a little rubbing on the trails or an random scrub here and there, but If it's a daily thing, I'll have to go down to the 295's. I just really really want the KO2's...as you know. :)
I have some light racing ucas new in box if you're interested

Thanks arich, but I already have them ordered. Just curious, why are you selling them?

I'm never going to lift my truck high enough to need them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom