About to pull the trigger on a LOKKA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You might check with Partsouq. Probably about 1/2 the price of those stateside. Don't know what shipping would be.

Well, I ordered some new axle seals and gasket for the diff to go along with this job and this is how the gasket arrived....and it was from a Toyota dealer

20201019_193647.jpg

Good thing you bought two! :rofl:

:oops::confused: That's a bummer, man. Mr. T should make good on it. Tell them we're all waiting on this!

Yep, not surprised.

Maybe Toyota makes a 3/4 version of a differential that we aren't aware of... and those are a perfect fit. :rofl:

Well, after about 2 and half months I finally got it today. I'm pumped to install it. I hope to get started this weekend, but deer season starts tomorrow so I'll be busy with that ( and I need the LX to get in the woods).

Part number appears to be correct for what is listed on their website, only thing that worries me is the first step shows removing full floating axles which the LX470 doesn't have HAHA, so we'll see how that goes.

20201023_092537.jpg

20201023_092719.jpg

20201023_092438.jpg

20201023_092458.jpg

Anyone know where I can find out what size bolt i need to thread into the hub assembly and push the axle shafts out?

Glad to see you actually got this. I've been waiting since August for a part time kit, 3 emails in and still no response.

Glad to see you actually got this. I've been waiting since August for a part time kit, 3 emails in and still no response.

I had to call 4wd systems in Australia to get an email response. Those guys sent an email to Lokka I think because I called. After the second call they sent a shipping update.

Thanks, I may try that if the most recent email doesn’t get a response.
I had to call 4wd systems in Australia to get an email response. Those guys sent an email to Lokka I think because I called. After the second call they sent a shipping update.
Glad you finally got it, heading over to read the install post next!

Any update to the Lokka install?

I dun' did it. About 2500 miles or so on it now. Love it.

Reactions: AJR
Gave up with Lokka. Never got any response out of them, eventually filed a claim through PayPal in the beginning of Dec. I got my money back from Lokka and ordered a part time kit from Marlin Crawler, I received it 3 days later.

I would recommend the kit from Marlin, although it doesn’t come with hubs, no big deal. It’s been a great upgrade and what I felt like a better alternative to a DC shaft for my 4”+ lifted 80.

Gave up with Lokka. Never got any response out of them, eventually filed a claim through PayPal in the beginning of Dec. I got my money back from Lokka and ordered a part time kit from Marlin Crawler, I received it 3 days later.

I would recommend the kit from Marlin, although it doesn’t come with hubs, no big deal. It’s been a great upgrade and what I felt like a better alternative to a DC shaft for my 4”+ lifted 80.

Yeah their response time is terrible. When did you order? I knew they were overwhelmed because I did finally get a detailed response but figured they had to have caught up by now.

Reactions: AJR
I ordered in June or July, I don’t remember now, it was a long time ago. I didn’t get any response at all, that is beyond unacceptable. The least they could have done was at least given me some generic Bs response, I would have know they were still in business and didn’t just steal my money. Poor way to run a business, if you can call it that.

I ordered in June or July, I don’t remember now, it was a long time ago. I didn’t get any response at all, that is beyond unacceptable. The least they could have done was at least given me some generic Bs response, I would have know they were still in business and didn’t just steal my money. Poor way to run a business, if you can call it that.

Oh yeah I totally agree. If they would be responsive to US customers they could sell a lot. If you read their Facebook page they seem to get stuff to Australiaian customers quickly. I had thought about the 2wd conversion kit and front lokka but I wouldn't order from them again to be honest. I like the product so far but the purchase process was bull****

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom