About Time at 239 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
TB/WP service was done this morning at my local and trusted Firestone along with a new fan bracket (original was totally shot). If cam seals aren't leaking and look fine, should those be replaced too? Because that was not part of their procedure this morning. They replaced the belt, tensioners, water pump & gasket, and I think pulleys as well. Does this sound routine? Dropped it off last night before they closed and they got to it first thing this morning and it was done by 11:30am today.

Let me know. Thanks!

TB/WP service was done this morning at my local and trusted Firestone along with a new fan bracket (original was totally shot). If cam seals aren't leaking and look fine, should those be replaced too? Because that was not part of their procedure this morning. They replaced the belt, tensioners, water pump & gasket, and I think pulleys as well. Does this sound routine? Dropped it off last night before they closed and they got to it first thing this morning and it was done by 11:30am today.

Let me know. Thanks!

Belt, Water Pump, New tensioner and Idler pulleys would be the prudent thing to do. I would also replace the front main seal while in there (easy to do and inexpensive part).

Cam Seals often times are NOT leaking but if an early model engine....are not hard to replace. Later model engines require you remove the cams.

Timing belt 2UZ FE.jpg

started in the AM and done by 11:30? what time do they start?
seems very fast

Thank you @flintknapper - great information!

@3_puppies I dropped off last night and they opened at 7am. It was one of the first vehicles they serviced today and they had their Lexus/Toyota master tech do it.

Just drove it back to work across town (about 25 miles) and it's seemingly smoother than it was before. Probably just my mind playing tricks on me.

@3_puppies I dropped off last night and they opened at 7am. It was one of the first vehicles they serviced today and they had their Lexus/Toyota master tech do it.

^^^^^

Dang. Dude is GOOD.....is all I can say.

That particular Firestone has always been great to me. It's almost laughable how quick the process was. I had to ask them to show me the old belt to make sure they actually replaced it.

BTW I inspected the old belt by hand and not a crack or fray or anything accept a little grease/oil residue on the edges (which could have been from the garage floor). It was a Mitsubishi belt, too that supposedly hadn't been replaced since 98k and we just had it done at 240k.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom