? about 2F Engine Mounts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently bought a 2F engine that was in a FJ-60, and am swapping it in where an F engine was. the motor mount brackets are a little different because of the bracketry for the air pump, and other accessories, but I need to know whether I need to use my old F engine motor brackets on the engine, or am I able to use the brackets that came on the engine from the FJ-60.

Thanks,

you could probably

dburnum said:
I recently bought a 2F engine that was in a FJ-60, and am swapping it in where an F engine was. the motor mount brackets are a little different because of the bracketry for the air pump, and other accessories, but I need to know whether I need to use my old F engine motor brackets on the engine, or am I able to use the brackets that came on the engine from the FJ-60.

Thanks,

use either one.

if you keeping the smog stuff use the 2f mounts.
otherwise strip it..

I can measure on sat. but the frame of the 60 is slightly wider than a 40.

I got the engine in, using the fj-60 mounts, I had to remove the A/C compressor, because it was in the way of the battery box. wish I coulda used the compressor for on-board air though.

dburnum said:
I got the engine in, using the fj-60 mounts, I had to remove the A/C compressor, because it was in the way of the battery box. wish I coulda used the compressor for on-board air though.

Check out www.kccruisers.com for a simple York bracket for your 2F.

Been using one for several years now-no problems and all that air is great to have!

IMO better off with a York than a Sanden-style compressor anyway...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom