Able to turn on HVAC with car off - Stuck Relay? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I have a strange one.... I have been doing research on parasitic draw since every 4-5 days my battery is dead if I don't drive. I just tested my battery at a local AutoZone and confirmed it's healthy but is not fully charged. when I got home I sat in the car and found out that I can still engage the HVAC system (turn on blowers, defrost etc.) with the car fully off... strange. So i'm thinking at a minimum a relay is not closing that controls this system if not other wonky HVAC electrical. I have already done scans of the forum and online but nothing with this exact issue.

Has anyone else seen/ heard/ experienced/ read something similar to this?

Appreciate any guidance and will report back!

Hi Folks - for anyone playing at home... it turns out the previous owner had issues with EFI relay/fusebox issue that is well known for the 100 series cruiser. In an attempt to "fix" this non-start issue, they had a wire jumping the 10 amp EFI fuse to the 20 amp AC fuse which resulted in both a draw from the battery as well as the HVAC drawing power continuously. Interesting to learn all of the details of these trucks and grateful for the forum + others who have been here well before me. Photo showing how / why I was experiencing these symptoms.

IMG_3010.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom