Abandoned 40 anyone know it?

Discussion in 'VA/DC/MD- Capital Land Cruiser Club' started by fjdemon, Sep 20, 2018.

1. fjdemon

fjdemon

upload_2018-9-20_9-28-14.jpeg

iptman and RiFF RaFF like this.
  2. iptman

iptman

Never seen it before. How long has it been sitting there? Did you pop the hood?

3. fjdemon

fjdemon

Has a 350, radiator is in the passenger seat. Currently abandoned on a military base. I would like to track down the owner before they scrap it. I’m currently attempting to figure out the possibility of procuring it if nobody comes forward. Last time it was registered was 2006. It was in a lot and nobody ever noticed it, could have been there for years. Tires look fresh (never mind I looked closer and they look old) so maybe someone was test driving it and it broke down? I’d hate to see someone lose it.

4. iptman

iptman

Definitely worth the effort if they're just going to scrap it. I don't think the authorities try too hard to find owners before impounding and scraping old vehicles.

5. fjdemon

fjdemon

Agreed

6. Stumpalama

Stumpalama Forum Junkie SILVER Star

Get the VIN. Must bee in the long term storage pen. Did you check the glovebox for a title or rego?

7. fjdemon

fjdemon

It was literally abandoned on a military lot that isn't for POV storage. Mass emails were sent out and nobody has come forward. From what I'm being told it's been there a long time and nobody ever said anything about it, but now it's in the spot light.

8. fjdemon

fjdemon

I'm assuming DRMO or a base provost will have to do paperwork and put it for sale. I'm hoping to be first in line if it goes that route.

iptman likes this.
  9. matzell

matzell SILVER Star

Is it in VA, MD??? might go up for auction. If not I will be right up with the rollback to pick it up! I am sure I can come up with a vin plate and title for it...

10. 1MOA

1MOA SILVER Star

Media:
    Move quick on it. NAVDIST washington is quick to just call whatever tow company is close to come get it.

Stumpalama likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.