Aaron's 1991 land cruiser 270k (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

White Stripe, I think I saw you mentioned doing a locker swap into a 91 in a post somewhere else. Your profile is private tho so I can look through your history to find the build thread. I tried searching but didn't come up with anything.
I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing with wiring. I guess I was under the impression that the dash and front axle wiring was all in place, but maybe that is just for 93+. I got into the dash a little today, but couldn't find anything for the switch or ecu.

White Stripe, I think I saw you mentioned doing a locker swap into a 91 in a post somewhere else. Your profile is private tho so I can look through your history to find the build thread. I tried searching but didn't come up with anything.
I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing with wiring. I guess I was under the impression that the dash and front axle wiring was all in place, but maybe that is just for 93+. I got into the dash a little today, but couldn't find anything for the switch or ecu.
If u look in my build thread I have details. Link is at the bottom of each of my posts.

Weird, I might have to look on a real computer. The mobile site isn't showing your signature.

I finished the front axle swap today, mostly.

I ripped the boot for the front tie rod end next to the brake, and the bolt wouldn't tread on because the threads were banged up from someone banging on it with a hammer. So I need to order a new tie rod, but first I have to determine if it is left or right handed.

I spent too much time trying to figure out why my swaybar wouldn't bolt back on..turns out the 91 swap bar is thinner than the 93.

The brake lines are also different on the 93 vs the 91. The 91 passenger side has hardlines that connect to a Y fitting on the axle. Both brake lines connect to one soft line that heads up to the master. The 93 line splits off near the caliper and goes somewhere, but I didn't trace it. I swapped the 91 hardline over and hooked everything up, but now I'm thinking I should have pulled the 93 hardline and gone that route instead.

IMG_20200217_185103.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom