AA sm420 tcase adapter mounting problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm in the process of trying to mate a sm420 to a 3 speed tcase using a advanced adapters adapter. The sm420 and adapter I bought used from someone that was using them in there cruiser. I pulled it all apart rebuilt the sm420 and got a new tcase now putting it back together I'm having a problem getting the tcase to seal to the adapter. I pulled it back off it seams the problem is this bearing retainer from the spud shaft. I would imagine this is supposed to be flush. It came off a working truck so im not sure why it wouldnt be working now. Anyone have any suggestions as to what I'm missing.
20220227_155203.jpg
20220227_155154.jpg

Take a look at the drawings under digital download on AA page. Seems the bearing is also missing a lock ring.
I actually have that lock ring but after taking another look at that drawing it looks like it should be on the other side of the retainer. I dont know why the guy I bought it from would have pressed out the bearing and flipped it in the retainer but that would make sense why it's not sitting flush.

Snapchat-144462341.jpg
20220227_155114.jpg
20220227_155108.jpg

So, it sounds like once you get the parts assembled in the correct position your sealing issue will be resolved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom