A442f shifting issue in low range (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Need a bit of advise, I have a 93 turbo diesel auto 80 series, and in low range there is a problem shifting up gears. In D it will only shift to 2nd if you rev past 2k and leave off throttle, then it will thud into 2nd. Same story if selecting 2.
No change if ECT is on/off, and no change of 4wd button is on/off or removed all together her.
New solenoids installed,
Kick down cable adjusted correctly,
Transmission serviced (pickup changes/fluids changed/ solenoids changes)
No issue with shifting in high range.
Any and all advice appriciated.

Need a bit of advise, I have a 93 turbo diesel auto 80 series, and in low range there is a problem shifting up gears. In D it will only shift to 2nd if you rev past 2k and leave off throttle, then it will thud into 2nd. Same story if selecting 2.
No change if ECT is on/off, and no change of 4wd button is on/off or removed all together her.
New solenoids installed,
Kick down cable adjusted correctly,
Transmission serviced (pickup changes/fluids changed/ solenoids changes)
No issue with shifting in high range.
Any and all advice appriciated.
Normal.

If I place my 1FZ-FE in low range and stand on the gas pedal, I can almost squeal all four tires from a dead stop, then it will bark the tires when it shifts from 1st to 2nd, then again to 3rd.

When trying to keep it slow, it shifts to each new gear about 2500 RPM, then it's a harsh shift and I have to really back off to keep it steady. This is about 8 MPH from 1st to 2nd. (I have to drive at 5 MPH on most job sites I'm on so I place it in low range to better control my speed. If it shifts, I know I'm going too fast.)

+1 normal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom