A442F retrofit help with wiring (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

Has anyone retro fitted an entire overdrive A442F gearbox into an 80 that has a gearbox without overdrive (A440?)

I have an entire parts vehicle but my understanding are that the wiring looms have deferent connectors to accommodate for the A442F overdrive, I would like to avoid replacing the entire loom and make a loom to run the overdrive box and retrofit this into my current 80. Is it possible?

Stew

The A440 has OD. It is a .70 if I remember right. The A442 is .765.

The torque converter and oil pump are different between the A440 and A442. And since the A440 is hydraulic and the A442 is electric then it won’t work even if it bolts up. You would need a standalone transmission controller.

The A440 has OD. It is a .70 if I remember right. The A442 is .765.

The torque converter and oil pump are different between the A440 and A442. And since the A440 is hydraulic and the A442 is electric then it won’t work even if it bolts up. You would need a standalone transmission controller.
I have an entire parts vehicle. What I'm asking is has anyone put an A442F into a vehicle that had an A440 and not replaced the entire vehicle wiring loom, and has mad a standalone loom that plugs in clocks etc

I couldn’t tell you for sure but I’d feel safe saying no, but 99% of the people will likely tell you selling them and just buying a 93-94 with the 1fz and A442 already in it is the way to go.

Going to need more details. There are electronic and fully hydraulic versions of the A442. What year and engines are you working with?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom