A440F What is the difference?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have 2 A440F boxes, one was supposed to be a donor and replacement for the other but I’m not exactly sure why one has a connector to the valve body to a solenoid and the other one doesn’t? Can anyone shed some light on this?

F63CD213-024D-4401-9BE3-E0DE555FAE16.jpeg

419A818A-AF4D-4349-99A5-85B3E0B198B7.jpeg

That solenoid is supposed to unlock the torque converter depending on input from the cruise control computer.
FWIW, I noticed no difference when I disconnected mine.
So pretty much it’s solely used for cruise control? I just didn’t want to disconnect it and find out it’s used for the operation of the VB. Looks like it’s staying disconnected. Cheers for your input 👍

So pretty much it’s solely used for cruise control? I just didn’t want to disconnect it and find out it’s used for the operation of the VB. Looks like it’s staying disconnected. Cheers for your input 👍
The A440F is 100%...well 99.999% hydraulic. That is the ONLY electronic part of the transmission. Again, I noticed no difference in TC lockup while in CC with it disconnected. I'm sure there is a detailed explanation in the FSM as to when it is activated, but I never bothered to look it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom