A440F: Free to good Home (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently pulled the A440F from my '89 FJ 62 in favor of an H55F 5 speed. I would like to be free of the automatic. It is located in Billings, MT. I wanted to give the Mudders a first crack at it before it goes on Craigslist.

The good:

Worked fine when I pulled it about a month ago, shifted smooth, no slippage, etc.

I dropped the pan about 2 years ago, cleaned the screen and replaced the small filter. Everything looked good inside then.

I used synthetic ATF

Output shaft looks perfect (see photo)

From what I know of the history of the vehicle it has had a very easy life, no serious off roading, always turned stock-sized tires, never used for towing (again see output shaft pic)

Will include torque converter, shifter, hoses to radiator, other random parts from swap if desired

Will deliver/meet within reason if a contribution for gas is arranged (Billings, MT general region)

It is free

The Bad

The tranny has 307,000 miles

Don't know if any work has ever been done to it, I suspect not as it looks like it has never been opened up

The input shaft seal leaks a little, but that is easily replaced

One of the cooling hoses leaks a little I think, It gets wet from the oil filter when I change that so it might just be motor oil

I stripped off some very minor parts and hardware and used during the H55F installation (mainly one of the electrical connectors, some nuts and bolts)

The Ugly

It is an A440F
IMG_4001.jpg
IMG_4003.jpg

I'll take it, I think I can arrange transport with a fellow mudder.
PM your #
Paul

Tranny is spoken for... thanks for looking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom