A343F reverse noise (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Another bump. Same issue as OP and others, grinding noise when shifting into reverse on an incline. Noise is momentary and then reverse works fine. My engine is being pulled soon so it's a good time to address this transmission issue.

Has anyone ignored this problem and then had a complete transmission failure?
Any updated fixes?

U-joints?

I had a similar issue when reversing. It sounded like a cat's meow. I pulled my rear driveshaft and one of the caps had rusty dust where the needle bearings used to be.

Another bump. Same issue as OP and others, grinding noise when shifting into reverse on an incline. Noise is momentary and then reverse works fine. My engine is being pulled soon so it's a good time to address this transmission issue.

Has anyone ignored this problem and then had a complete transmission failure?
Any updated fixes?

Did you drain some ATF and see if it looks burnt?

Do a mud search if you're going to do your ATF fluid do the flush at the cooler in front of the radiator it's easy to do and I put 7 gallons through it. You can also drop the pan measure how much food was in the pan while looking for debris and put that much fluid back. Make sure to use the FSM to check level proper level should only be checked when it operating temperature and that doesn't mean the engine at operating temperature you got to drive it and go through all the gears.

On to the noise, after my experience it's not happened since however I did a whole bunch of mud reading and found it's most likely a check valve in the reverse assembly solenoid. I never finished following up on the serial number and date code of my transmission to see if it received the upgrade from the factory.

I I've done a number of very difficult trails since and have not had an issue.

The complete replacement of fluid resulted in a much crisper and cleaner shifting 80.

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom