A Woody 62 from the Florida Woods (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A word of caution that might get you in trouble with the Vermont registration/plates. Vermont requires an annual safety inspection (no emmissions..other than making sure the cats are there). You could run into a situation where you get pulled over and said officer asks you where your inspection sticker is....worst case scenario the police can tow your vehicle and give you a ticket because without the sticker technically there is no proof that your truck is road worthy. Being in Florida you will probably be ok but just figured I'd give you a heads up.

Yes. They were so gracious as to tax me for $1000 more than what I paid for mine. This state needs an enema....

Vermont is really quite reasonable when it comes to vehicle registration. For us its one time hit for the life of the vehicle. Some states have to pay tax on the vehicle every single year on a depreciating scale. Hawaii is the worst one I know of....if for instance you buy a car that has been off the road for 10 years sitting in a barn....you have to pay all the registration fees for the last 10 years in order to get it back on the road.

Also...in Vermont....if you feel the value they taxed you on is not correct there is a process for submitting an appraisal and getting a refund. The OP's truck is very likely not worth the referenced book value given its actual condition.

Makes sense. Thankfully I am not planning on actually using these plates, I can use the registration to transfer it into Florida and receive a Florida title for the vehicle. Just waiting on the official registration papers. In other words, just a loophole to get a Florida title since I bought the vehicle without a title. They will look nice hanging in my garage. Paying the sales tax (~$500) on the NADA Low value wasn't fun, but the only alternative is a bonded title, which would have been similarly expensive and branded the title for a few years. I'll look into a refund on it, when I filled out the paperwork they did allow you to include a dealer appraisal for the vehicle as justification of lower value.

Florida is pretty nice, they simply tax you on the selling price, which for private sales is whatever you write on the title.

It worked! I now have a squeaky clean Florida title in my hand for the cruiser. Haven't done much on it other than clean it out and take stock of everything. Been busy with the 280z and preparing for the SAS on the pickup.

What year 280z? I raced in a few rallies in a friend’s 78. Such a fun car. In my list of future wants.

It worked! I now have a squeaky clean Florida title in my hand for the cruiser. Haven't done much on it other than clean it out and take stock of everything. Been busy with the 280z and preparing for the SAS on the pickup.
Congrats! That's awesome that worked. I wish I could get away with that trick in CA :-(.

CA is like HI in that if a title has back due registration it has to ALL be paid before it can be issued tags. And you have to pay the delinquent years at the penalty rate.

Oh, and you get to pay taxes on it every year as well.

Ih8CA.

More pics pls?

What year 280z? I raced in a few rallies in a friend’s 78. Such a fun car. In my list of future wants.

1978! I bought it with body damage and some rust, the important parts of which have been taken care of. It's got an 5.3/T56 sitting in it, just have to do the exhaust, driveshaft, a better trans mount... It's getting there.

The now-titled 62 continues to gather dust, but I am wrapping up the SAS on the pickup. Toyota rears up front, Ford springs out back:

PfLPHY2.jpg

xOvZAEL.jpg

Well, just to provide some closure to the thread before I abandon it:

The Pickup turned into a much more fun and involved build than expected (just finished a 2rz swap), and there was no real need space for two rusty, no-AC trucks, so I sold the 62 and bought this:

1991, 170k miles, FJ80 w/ the 3fe. Even came with some 20 year old BFG KOs.
Dw8NYza.jpg

The stable as it currently exists:
nAEbzWA.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom