A toyota add you WONT see on TV

Landpimp

GOLD Star

there a group of Tacoma's outfitted the same(except with ARB bull bars and some other goodies) 3 or so years ago WA, my buddy bid on the contract and I beleive my dealer got the order for the Tacoma's.

krzyabncanuck

USFS HOTSHOT

I was over there with those Toyota's and we also had Hilux's. We went through steering parts bad with those Tacomas but the hilux's had the solid front axles and they held up alot better up north any way. I got some good pic's of them somewhere in my computer, see if i can find them here shortly. The tacoma's did pretty good minus the steering problems.

krzyabncanuck said:
I was over there with those Toyota's and we also had Hilux's. We went through steering parts bad with those Tacomas but the hilux's had the solid front axles and they held up alot better up north any way. I got some good pic's of them somewhere in my computer, see if i can find them here shortly. The tacoma's did pretty good minus the steering problems.
Don't let Shotts here you bag on the IFS. He will call you to repentance and try to convince you that your eyes have been deceiving you. Oh, by the way, IFS can F off and die. I like solid axles. :D

HZJ60 Guy said:
IFS should be against the law!

TB
:rolleyes:

The ironic part is in probably 10 years solid axles will be against the law in any new vehicle, since the IFS are better at keeping the tire in contact with the road during suspension movement and cornering, it would be a natural progression of DOT laws to not let 'unsafe' vehicles be sold in the US. Might not happen, but it wouldn't surprise me.

mabrodis said:
:rolleyes:

The ironic part is in probably 10 years solid axles will be against the law in any new vehicle, since the IFS are better at keeping the tire in contact with the road during suspension movement and cornering, it would be a natural progression of DOT laws to not let 'unsafe' vehicles be sold in the US. Might not happen, but it wouldn't surprise me.
The icing on the cake would be that the DOT lighting laws wouldn't get updated. Sometimes I'm amazed at how antiquated those laws are. I mean turn signals don't need to be viewable from the sides, yet you have to have an amber reflector that is viewable from the side.

White Shark said:
Don't let Shotts here you bag on the IFS. He will call you to repentance and try to convince you that your eyes have been deceiving you. Oh, by the way, IFS can F off and die. I like solid axles. :D
I like solid axles too. I was the most comfortable person though on Golden Spike being in the 100. Didn't spill a drop! :D

drohweder said:
Landpimp is on that forum as well. That guy needs to get a freaking job!!!! :D

Actually whats funny is I have a friend who doesnt own a cruiser and never comes here......yet he still recognized pimp on arfcom. Aparently I need a job and a life cus I guess I talk about cruiser crap too much. :D

yooper

SILVER Star

the ar15.com link doesn't work for me. dumps me in the general forum. is there a search I can do to find the thread? what's the subject?

MoJ

yooper said:
the ar15.com link doesn't work for me. dumps me in the general forum. is there a search I can do to find the thread? what's the subject?
ditto - wtf is it?

i have wheeled IFS and the second I wheeled a Solid Axle with full leafs I will never go back. It may not be as comfortable as these coil suspentions but it sure wheels better than anything I have driven before (except in snow)

Top Bottom