a sunday maiden wheelin voyage in the VA Hills (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It all eventually comes together and today with some new friends from mud the brick got a little dirty. a big thanks to Scott (highlandcruzer) for the guided tour and Chris (Fedyschyn) from harrisonburg for joining the trip and doing some outstanding wheel work with road tires lets not forget his co-pilot who took some good action shots, dude sorry about the name i forgot the initials and don't want to screw it up.

Driving through the hills in nelson county virginia we drove about 25 miles with a couple steep hills, red clay, ruts, a few stream crossings and plenty of slippery trails. nothing crazy but was a good time. a couple important things no one got hurt, no one broke anything, and no one had to be pulled out. had a few tricky areas where the virginia red clay was trying to latch hold of the trucks but without success.

it was a good day, the brick did everything i wanted her to do and more with ease made a couple friend and saw some nice country. The other guys will post up later.
sw1.jpg
sw2.jpg
sw3.jpg

here are some more and a scenic view
sw4.jpg
sw5.jpg
sw6.jpg

last couple. thanks guys for a good time!
sw7.jpg
sw8.jpg

Very nice....i am hoping to hook up with him this summer being i am only in WV....I lived in Greenbrier co. most of my life...love that whole valley reign :beer:

I'll just post up pictures at random.

Good to have you guys out. I'm glad you enjoyed yourselves.:) Let me now when you'd like to go again. We still have a lot more trails that we didn't cover on that property, or we could hit some other spots. I'll post some of the pics that I got. [I'll try not to duplicate yours].... I think Chris' pictures are probably better. [I didn't take many]

FJ60huntclub1.jpg

FJ60huntclub2.jpg

FJ60huntclub3.jpg
FJ60huntclub1.jpg
FJ60huntclub2.jpg
FJ60huntclub3.jpg

r14.jpg

r16.jpg

r17.jpg

damn resizing takes a lifetime.

We all had a good time and I was really stoked my 60 made it through. Scott had to lend his skills a few times but we always made it. Dan's cruiser is a beast!! Can't wait to make it out again.
r14.jpg
r16.jpg
r17.jpg

just to add tech, i did discover one annoying thing on the trip. once the vacuum leaks were sealed up for the most part and i did not have to correct for the lean conditions, which means my carbs best lean idle specs are within redlines guidlines finnaly, now i have hard starting problems. the truck runs great once it gets going smooth through all gears with good accel. i am running strong at 60mph at 2100rpm can still accelerate beyond that and she will hold that speed on most grades calced the gas mileage at 13 set by my trusty GPS, my speedo is of 10 at 60, but if i turn the engine off it does not want to start. will crank five or six times then fire slowly with some help from the gas pedal once i hear the engine turn over.

any thoughts. timing set at 7dbtdc, idle 650, no smog egr pipes still connected to system.

Thanks.

oh scott and chris great shots!!

Great pics, thanks for sharing!!
How many vehicles look better in spotted primer than a Cruiser?
None!!

Scott get your 40 back together and I will ride along as a photographer. I'd love to get some really good pictures and not worry about driving. If you guys want the high res originals of any of these let me know.

Cool! Sounds good. I'll have the 40 back together by the weekend. Whatcha doing next Sunday? :cool:

I might just photo shop my truck into the one with the storm clouds! :grinpimp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom