A simple dash mod/ fix write up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.charlieboucher.com
Well, over the last few days my dash has really been bugging me. Its full of holes and I thought about welding the holes (I'd have to borrow a welder)
But thought and thought and I am eventually putting new working gauges in by autometer of such.
You can see in the photo the all the holes, and I had some scrap aluminum around so I made some panels to cover things, and hopefully soon get some gauges to fill in there.
5873256802_8ffe67eca0_z.jpg

And here is the light side with switch hanging behind for fitting the panels.
5873256664_e39d658b98.jpg

I cut these with a hand held electric saw and then used a file to clean up the edges. after that I used a wire wheel grinder to rough up the panels a bit and they turned out nice and smooth with matte look to them
5873257346_2daba7ccf4.jpg

5872700369_e72ca2c662.jpg

I'll be making one for passenger side and also to cover some of the spots where the lower dash pad was.
Here is a quick test fit.
5872700447_92290a9c42.jpg

5873257082_28123bf664_z.jpg

5873256904_b82ab804bd_z.jpg

So its nothing super original or anything but hoping it turns out. Now that I am using a fuel cell, I may mount the fuel gauge over on the light panel, and then the typical, oil,temp, and volt, on the middle panel section.
once I get some gauges cut them in and post

looks good! now get some lower dash pads and get your switches out of the way of your knees! lol

Careful when you put the guages in the center section. The defroster vents are right behind the area you are working. The back of the guages will hit if you are not paying attention to location.

good call
i did the dash recover on one of my old rigs and drilled the holes in the wrong spots and couldn't get the switches in .
:doh:

Careful when you put the guages in the center section. The defroster vents are right behind the area you are working. The back of the guages will hit if you are not paying attention to location.

Definately looks better than all the holes. Good work !:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom