A question about side window dimensions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

PixelWrangler

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.dmpstudio.com
I'm trying to sort out the correct side window fitment on my '75 FJ40. The PO had installed a piece of tinted plexiglass which is undersized and doesn't help me in determining the correct dimensions. Last week I picked up a used replacement window from Specter, but when I got it home I held it up to the window and discovered that it was too small. I double checked the part number (108-25B) and saw that it was correct for a '75. I measured the piece and it was 14 3/4" x 33 1/2". I emailed tech support at Specter giving them the dimensions of my opening which was 15 5/16" x 34". They wrote back and said they thought that 108-25A should be the correct size for the opening and that it was for 3/69-7/71. I replied that that was the size of the piece I had bought from them, but it was labeled 108-25B. So I was guessing that it was labeled wrong and was wondering what size 108-25B was supposed to be. These are the dimensions they sent back to me today.

108-25A - 14 3/4" x 33 1/2"
108-25B - 15 1/2" x 34 1/4"

I'm going to give Specter a call in the morning to see if we can't remedy the situation with the correct glass. Obviously the piece I bought from them was labeled incorrectly.

Before I give them a call though I'd like to know what I'm talking about. So my question to those of you who do know is this. Is the side window glass supposed to be 1/4" larger in both directions than the hole it goes into? And then the weatherstripping steps down to snap in from, I'm guessing the outside?

Thanks much in advance!

The weather stripping changed with the start of the 72 model along with the window size. The earlier style was two piece weather stripping like the windshield weather stripping. This was from mid 65 to 7/71 not 3/69. Is SOR getting the same as Toyota dealers now? They are using the same part information as the dealers which is only good back to 3/69:bang:

I was able to talk to Paul over at SOR earlier today and he was able to confirm that the side window glass was indeed labeled wrong. They shipped out the correct glass this afternoon, so I should hopefully receive it by next Tuesday. :bounce: That is just the sort of Customer Service that turns me into a long time loyal customer!:clap:

Living in the Past, thanks for the info regarding weatherstripping. Fortunately all of my windows, including the plexiglass one, have good seals. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom