1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a question about backspacing

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by yoderman, Jan 22, 2004.

1. yoderman

yoderman

I have another question regarding wheels I will be looking at tomorrow. I talked to the seller and he didn't know much about his wheels. He told me they are off of a 95 chevy truck and they are 15x10 589 eagle alloys.He could not tell me the backspacing or the width of the center opening.How do you measure the backspace? He did tell me that the front rubbed on his truck and that they stuck out because they are 10 inch.I run 33x10.5x15 bfg a/t's. I would really like these rims @ $25 per rim its hard to pass it up.But I don't want to waste my money on rims that won't fit right.

2. Poser

Poser Oh...Durka Durka Durka. s-Moderator Supporting Vendor

Media:
    Albums:
    Don't get your hopes up..

Flip the wheel over, outside to the ground, measure from the surface that mates to the hub/axle on the wheel, to the outer edge of the rim. This will give you your backspace number.

MAKE SURE that they will work, do not just eyeball the center, and the backspace, measure this, and be sure.

Good luck!

-Steve

3. jl

jl

It will be close, but should work the back spacing is 3 5/8. 1/8th bigger than suggested. My last set of wheels was Eagle Alloys 559 with 3 3/4 backspacing. I had to balance the front wheels with 'tape-on' wheel weights so they wouldn't rub the tie-rods, but other than that I had no problems.

I'm now running 15x8 589s and I use the standard 'rim-edge' wheel weights. I would go for it if they look good--$100 vs $400 :)

Check out the following website.
    http://www.4x4cyberstore.com/website/eagle1.html

4. ben757

ben757

Media:
    Albums:
data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">