A quarter century later.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruiserdan

SupportingVendor Emeritus
Threads
Land Cruiser Heritage Museum broom closet
My old gal turned 25 this month and after all we have been through together she looks a lot better than I do. I got the truck and married at about the same time. Both my sons came home from the hospital in this truck. It does not get any better than that.
20170929_192023.jpg

Great story!! Good memories. Were the boys made in the truck as well?

Great story!! Good memories. Were the boys made in the truck as well?

I Don't think so. ...:)

In the early years Sarah competed with the 80 for attention. I did not convert her until she got her own.

20160919_160500.jpg

Snorkel?? I thought better of you sir...:(

There is a back story.

On a run in New Mexico Robbie kept me from rolling over when a soft shoulder collapsed under my right front tire. His palms kinda dented the fender in two spots but I was not about to complain. The snorkel covered them up nicely.:)

I bet Dan posts a pic of the snorkel actually being used.
I don't think anyone that knows Dan would even remotely consider his 80 a mall cruiser.

Congratulations on the Silver Anniversary

Cdan, all kidding aside. Congratulations. You are a class act. Thanks for all you have done. It's a rich life.

Congrats Dan! Only a handful of people on here have bought a vehicle new and still own/use it 25 years later I'm sure.

Congrats Dan! Only a handful of people ON EARTH have bought a vehicle new and still own/use it 25 years later I'm sure.

Fixed it for you...

CDan, thank you sincerely for your contributions to this forum and the LC world in general. Cheers!

Perhaps it is worthy to be in the Museum?? With your pic next to it?

How come your clear coat looks so good? I would have thought the NM sun would have destroyed it by now. Certainly the CA sun has done mine in.

Seriously, that rig looks like it could be in a museum. :idea:

Maybe Woody should add a new 'star/icon'... for folk that have owned their 80 (or other model) since new. Incentive to not lose the icon by selling it off :)

Ours was purchased in Jan 1998 - since it was the last of the breed - no IFS 100 for me... I didn't even go on a test drive of an 80 before purchasing it - my wife took a drive of one. Ours was then ordered/delivered (came up from the LA area since there weren't any white/locked/no running boards/no roof rack models left in the Bay Area).

My 1980 patrol I purchased brand new (back in oz), I still drive it into the bush for trips when I'm back there every year or so.

There are a few folk around that are very loyal to the 4wd vehicles - especially since after they have had time to 'age', any possible weak point has been addressed and repaired/upgraded etc (on the vehicle that is...). I have folk wonder about reliability of my patrol going bush - from my perspective I have absolutely no concerns that it will get me there and back without any possible risk. It has NEVER let me down and more than likely never will.

I can well understand Dan's loyalty to his 80, especially when it has certainly become a part of his family and family memories.

Congrats Dan on your 25th year old family member.

cheers,
george.

Didn't realize you had a 92...always thought it was 1FZ-FE!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom