Builds A proper introduction - 2016 GX 460 Premium build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yep! Quite happy with the outcome. Been out enjoying it, and trimming some liners, and adjusting my headlights.

It's really cool how a set of tires and wheels transforms the look from "Soccer Mom" to "Off Road". Yours is looking good.
Much appreciated. That was my goal. Maintain a factory like ride, but set the truck apart from the herds of moms in GXs in my area.

Took some measurements today as it looks like the rear has settled a hair.
In total the front fender lip is up 3" over stock, so I gained a bit more than 2" lift, as the tires are only 1.5" taller than stock. The rear fender lip is up 2" which is great as the stock truck had about 2" of back to front rake, and now it's just about an inch. Quite pleased with how that ended up.

Ha-ha!! Just replied to your new rig on ClubLexus!!!
Didos on my ClubLexus comments to here!!
Nice!

Some updates as of late:
Wrapped lower chin spoiler. The folks who painted the truck in the last incident (previous owner) color matched this part, and I always hated it. Also had the tails wrapped in translucent red to mimic the Sport tails. $170 for the chin spoiler and the two tails. Pretty pleased.

Also took the truck on a trail ride this weekend, and while the 275/55/20 and 20" wheels did fine, I'm now looking at keeping my stock wheels and putting on a new set of tires that'll be for trail rides and winter use only. Keeping the 20"s for the boujee stuff.

Anyone have experience with 265/70/18 or 275/70/18 on stock wheels, no spacers, and 2" of lift?

IMG-4818.JPG
IMG-4820.JPG
IMG-4828.JPG
PMR 2.jpg

So how are you liking the ride of the Dobinson's lift both on and off road? This is the route I'm thinking about going when we pick up a GX460 as well.

Similar to you we currently have a 17' TRD OR Tacoma. Went with an OME lift on that as I felt external reservoir coilovers were overkill for street/FS Road use with small trail rides. I have loved the lift so far but its a little harsh at times which im contributing to the Dakar leafs in the rear.......hopefully a similar lift on a GX will be smoother given coils in the rear vs leafs. With a 5 month old at home we are finding the Tacoma just doesn't cut it as a family vehicle for us lol

Honestly, this combination rides better than I had expected. The road manners are firm, not harsh, and trending towards "sporty" for a 5,000lb SUV. Off road, although speeds were low, was just as good.
I will say this about the Tacoma...custom valved shocks from Accutune Offroad made a world of difference.

Made some alterations to the setup in the past week.
265/70/18 Ridge Grapplers in SL load.
1.25" SpiderTrax spacers
Detours Hardware of Maine "Knucklebone" tire carrier

Ride is so smooth. Tires are 10lbs lighter each than the KO2s, and 3/4" taller. The SL load has 7 total plys, and their LT in the same size has 8 total plys...both have 2 in the sidewall, only difference is 5 plys in the tread on the SL and 6 for the LT. Very happy with the Nittos which I had on my Tacoma.

I'm in the process of moving the plate from the wheel. Just not happy with the looks and setup for that specific need.

Pics:

IMG-5077.JPG
IMG-5078.JPG
IMG-5079.JPG
IMG-5080.JPG
IMG-5081.JPG

Last edited:
I like the un-bling of the red taillights :beer:

What are the driving manners with the spacers? It looks better but the club radius etc must be worse?

I like the un-bling of the red taillights :beer:

What are the driving manners with the spacers? It looks better but the club radius etc must be worse?
Thanks. The tails are wrapped.
Honestly, I see no difference on spacers than I did with the 20x9" 0mm offset wheels on previously. If there's any effect on turning radius, it's negligible.

Looks like a fun time, where on the east coast is this?
George Washington National Forest. Trails are west of Harrisonburg VA. You can search "Flagpole Knob" and find the system. This day we went up the easy route (Dunkle Rd) and down the more challenging route (Union Springs). It's two way traffic and luckily we didn't encounter any needs to pass.

Molle panel installed. No drilling. Three connection points. Quite secure and the quality of the panel is exceptional.

View attachment 2065112

View attachment 2065113
I really like those molle plates! As soon as I'm back working again, I plan on getting one for each side. It'll help get some recovery gear off the floor and open up more floor space.

The molle is filled up.
Spray bottles are detailer and interior cleaner.
Bottom left is a hitch extension and Factor 55 recovery point.
Bottom right is my Viair compressor and locking hitch pins.
Top left behind the bottles is an assortment of handtools (drivers, handles, extensions).
Top right lower is all off my sockets, and upper is an assortment of tie downs and straps.
I was able to fit everything but the 2" by 30' tow strap as I couldn't find a bag sized appropriately to fit.

The floor is now empty...goal achieved.

Molle.jpg

MCDavis, I had asked this question earlier but did not get a reply.
Q: how much load can these molle racks hold?
So more to the point, how much do you think you have on there with an air compressor, tools, and more? That looks like a lot of weight on there.
Does it still feel solid? Or does it feel like it would be flexing on bouncy roads and maybe tear away from the mount/crack/bend??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom