A place to work on my rig near South Bay LA? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

I live in an apartment in South Bay, very close to LAX. For the past year I've been working on my 95 fzj rig in my 1 car garage fixing little things, doing PM, etc.

I've always been quiet and made sure not to leave a mess but I suppose someone may have complained because I recently received a stern email from my landlord telling me I couldn't work on cars on the property.

Anyone have any recommendations for a cheap place to work on my rig, preferably near South Bay?

I found a place over in Rosemead on Google (urdreamgarage.com) but that's really far from me and it's pricey at $40/hr to rent a bay. I usually work solo and tend to take ~2x time whatever the Mud consensus is on how long a particular job takes so I know this place would drain my wallet bigtime. Also I have my own tools so a big chunk of the value in a commercial operation like that is lost on me. My next big job is changing the front main seal and oil pump seal so I'm especially nervous to go into an hourly place and strip out one of the screws and get bogged down racking up 100s of dollars in fees trying to remove one or two stripped screws.

Are there any self storage places that look the other way on auto work? I'm guessing no due to liability concerns but I'm open to suggestions.

Kinda desperate at this point, I just finished buying all the special tools for the main seal/oil pump gasket job, really bummed that I've now got to worry about the landlord stacking up fines on me.

Thanks for reading

Maybe you'll find someone that wants to host a wrenching party? Try to connect with some clubs online or on Facebook. Maybe you offer to help someone with some of their projects in exchange for them to help you and let you work on your rig at their house? Just a thought anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom