A pillar grab handle options (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I won’t do silly sayings as on option in the site but have no problem adding whatever folks want per order. It’s only a few mins to laser.
Aluminum Oh S@#* handles etched Wits End would be sweeeet!

Or maybe BillyGoat...... Hmmmmm

Aluminum Oh S@#* handles etched Wits End would be sweeeet!

Or maybe BillyGoat...... Hmmmmm
Things have changed a lot in the last 14 months.......

Did I miss something? Are grab handles off the table now?
If you are looking for anything Wits' End, I'm not sure it's available. I'm sure nothing new will be coming out.

His ordering on his website was shut down for a while. It appears to be back up again.
There has been a lot of angst.

His last posts on 'Mud was 2/22/23.

Does anyone know what the actual story is? I understand angst over not getting things that were paid for, but I also know that bad $#!+ happens to good people and sometimes matters slip out of their control.

Good luck actually figuring that out with any certainty. There's a pretty active thread about it here: Wits End Order Issues / Joey Romero - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/wits-end-order-issues-joey-romero.1316972/
Ooof... I read a page or two and had my fill. If I wanted to read something to get pissed about, the news is always available. Whatever the reason things originally got out of hand, it seems like there has been plenty of time to at least communicate...

I wish I someone with a mill would make some of these. They guy that was making these no longer makes them from what I can tell.
HEdbpnS by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

swh6izb by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

uxNPiu6 by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

When in doubt, search Jeep parts - try Quadratec for starters @ QUADRATEC Jeep Grab Handles. Find something you like and try approaching the manufacturers direct to modify for an 80. Compared to the gazillion parts available for any model year Jeep, I was shocked at how little aftermarket parts there were when I bought my 80. It's why I make sure my dollars go to NA producers and resellers, to do my part in keeping them around for us all.

I know I haven't made them from metal because it's in proximity to your head.

In the even of an accident I don't want my noggin near a stout aluminum handle.

I know I am being a safety Nancy, but I have knocked my head lighty on roll bars and it hurts. Even with padding.

@Feldrian if you want I can send a handle and see if the pocket in the back fits your fingers. It is cut out for finger pockets.

I know I am being a safety Nancy, but I have knocked my head lighty on roll bars and it hurts. Even with padding.

I have felt this pain many times from my Jeep's full steel rollcage. Padding has been on my to-do list for damn near 20 years now.

Last edited:
I have felt this pain many times from my Jeep's rollcage. Padding has been on my to-do list for damn near 20 years now.
I wear a helmet, though I'll admit I'm bad for taking it off when it's hot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom