A pic for Tyler (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice wheels....... :D

I like the wheels too :cheers:

Mike

REAL NICE there Rick........how hard was it to get those steelies?

and how do you like your X-terrains?

doug

I like em.... :D

Wayne S :cheers:

Wasn't that hard to the rims, just a phone call to New Mexico ;).

The X-terrains don't seem to be that much louder than the BFG ATs on the highway. But there is some rumble when moving slow from the tread. Right now it's like -8* at night so any tire is going to be a little hard right now.

Haven't driven in snow as they were just put on. However there is a nice snow/ice covered hill in the field behind my house and I'm tempted to take a run at it.

:D I don't blame you one bit for starting your own thread here ..

They look nice Rick ! ( from what I can see of 'em :flipoff2: ) . You take pics likes my mother used to ... but if she had taken that shot , you'd just be able to see the tip of my shoe , and part of an elbow :slap: . So how about some side shots ? Maybe a close up of the rear tire/wheel . And finally one up close showing the wheel well of the front as the tire comes closest to the back of the well .

Sorry to be a bother . If you look at the views the driveway poser thread got , I'd say some guys here have quite an interest in how other 80's look with the various tire/wheel combos as well as other equipment . Though seeing them all from a similar perspective makes side by side comparisons easier .

Thanks Rick , hope the new year is treating you well :)

Tyler :beer: :beer:

Rick,

A couple of questions.
1. What sliders?
2. Did they have any problem balancing the tyres?
3. Any intital tyre impressions you want to share?
4. If you want to swap those gold emblems for some chrome, I know someone that might be interested... mutual friend, not me. :D

-B-

The tires balanced out fine. Had a good man on the machine. He put a little extra effort in and each wheel has only one weight on each side :D

Tomorrows drive to NY should be good since we are expecting snow.

I'll keep the gold to go along with the wood ;).

Lastely I have the 863/950 OME springs with Mr Gasket spacers up front. The spacers were added after the ARB went on to help with the additional weight. Here are some BETTER pics I hope.

what size are those X-Terrains? 305 or 315?

inquiring minds want to know :D

doug

Rick,

Don't these come with center caps? I'm curious because I have Sequioa steelies on mine for winter use and was bummed the center caps did not fit. But if even the factory 80 steel wheels don't have center caps, I feel better. Are they not available, or were they an extra cost item you didn't really care about?

DougM

Junk, nope no rattle can black. I thought they were primer or something so I was prepared to paint them. But since they came with a nice finish I left well enough alone.

Doug, don't know if center caps are availble or not, didn't ask. From having to replace a couple on my wife 4Runner they are probably a little pricey.

I did however opt for the chrome nuts, they were the cheapest.

Rick , you are a gentleman , and I thank you :cheers:

T

PS : How many bananas were the front spacers ? I looked in the manual and it looked pretty straight forward . Did you need the spring compressors ? Finally , did you coat the spacer with anything ? I seem to remember a group member mentioned that the longevity of the Mr Gasket spacers were increased by slapping on a thin layer of somethin or other ???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom