A new pickle - NPR Piston Ring Supplier? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Interesting pickle - I did manage to land a set of 0.5/.020 oversize ITM pistons before they disappeared, which did come with the corresponding ITM rings...but I put in an order for some Hastings rings to have a bit better rings. However...I ordered them early April with a delayed shipping date of 4/21, which has now passed. I called in today, and now they're expected 5/25... 😭

Any good sources to get NPR rings instead? Not getting a ton of hits, but still digging. Past that, I'll need to decide whether to just use the ITM rings, or wait out Hastings...but I'd rather not let the engine sit in pieces for another month... 🤔

Can't help ya but curious. What engine?

The original 2F - '76MY (mid-75 build date), with the domed pistons. Bored out 0.5mm/0.020 to clean up the cylinders - left one teeny area of wear on the #6 wall, but 1.0/.030 dometops were nowhere to be found.

Here’s an old thread if you haven’t seen it. No idea if there is still any relevant data in it...

Thanks for digging - I did reference that in my piston search originally. Seems like rings are about as hard to find as the pistons anymore.

For future reference if anyone lands here, some P/Ns for the 020s:
Hastings 5462-020 (-STD for OEM)
NPR SWT10049-2

Found some in Australia, but that won't be any faster than waiting for Hastings to ship.

SOR--$ but some are still available
Check Toyota So. Atlanta-still have OEM rings avail-oversized, plus all the rod bearings and wrist pins

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom