A new member quick intro…1977 40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey congrats on a successful trip in your new toy! I know exactly the feelings you had driving in the cold with a fume leak, i hope you took your time and stopped at dune interesting places, after all its ark about the journey!
Sean

Welcome, curious what the original color is? Dash is different than body...

Also, post up your VIN and engine serial numbers in the serial number thread in the stickies of this forum. I'd be curious to see how close yours is to mine...

Welcome, curious what the original color is? Dash is different than body...

Also, post up your VIN and engine serial numbers in the serial number thread in the stickies of this forum. I'd be curious to see how close yours is to mine...
Hey there Subzali, apologies for the late reply…holidays and now year end stuff. You're correct about the paint. The PO did a repaint and went cheap with lots of overspray. Eventually I'd like to take it back to original. The original color is 012 which should be Cygnus white. However, the color chart shows the Cygnus was discontinued in 75? The color for 77 should be 031 white. I've attached some pics for reference.
DB Color Plate.jpg
DB VIN Plate.jpg

very nice find! Looks pretty solid. With the driving you've done already, Don't think you need to worry about any "refurbs" just yet. Drive and enjoy. Keep the maint up.
Muffler? who needs a muffler?
The rig will tell you when it needs extra attention--or something to stave off problems in the future-stop here-MUD members will give you all the info you need.
Hello sggoat,

Thanks for the advice which is exactly what the plan is for the time being however, there is a little hurdle called DEQ who isn't being totally cooperative. Fortunately, they don't charge for failed tests. And, the plates have been expired for about four years. So, driving is extra exciting.

Hey congrats on a successful trip in your new toy! I know exactly the feelings you had driving in the cold with a fume leak, i hope you took your time and stopped at dune interesting places, after all its ark about the journey!
Sean
Hi Forestderp,

Thanks for the note and apologies for slow reply! Yes, it's about the journey! Lol! And, there seems to be a few of them wrapped up into one neat package. Current journeys include weekly forays to DEQ trying to pass (fortunately no charge for failed tests) and then there's the rebuild journey with the walkabouts for parts, tools, etc. All good clean fun! Hope all is going to plan with yours!!! Thanks again for the note.

Seat Covers

So, a curious question about seat covers…are mine stock? Looking through other interior pics, the seat covers have more vertical seams. Or, are all those new covers from the various providers?
DB Front Seats.jpg

Nakana64 can you take some pics of your vin plate on your fender with a tape measure so I can figure where I need to mount my plate on my new fender?

Oh, and those aren't original seat covers. Yours should have a series of stitched seams running from front to back.

Hi Nakana, I'm pretty new here too. Got mine November and love it. Don't sweat the rust, it's fixable.

Nakana64 can you take some pics of your vin plate on your fender with a tape measure so I can figure where I need to mount my plate on my new fender?

SSCR,

Please see attached photos and the placement is approx 1.25" from top edge of badge to bottom of ignition bracket. 3.25" from badge top edge to bottom of battery sill. And, 3.75" from left outside badge to wheel well opening. Hope this helps and let me know if you need something else.

Also, thanks for confirming the seat covers.
DB VIN Badge A.jpg
DB VIN Badge B.jpg
DB VIN Badge C.jpg
DB VIN Badge D.jpg

SSCR, Forgot to mention you've got a real nice build thread. Thanks for posting all your progress.

nice 40 ... says a lot when you can jump in it and drive it mucho miles after it sitting so long ... from the pics, your body looks pretty good ... what amazes me about these things is the resiliency and simplicity ...

bought my 78 during the holiday season from a chap in BC ... I found your comment about the colour code interesting, my colour code on the plate doesn't seem to match the year of the truck either ...oh well, its beige of some kind ...

enjoy ...

nice 40 ... says a lot when you can jump in it and drive it mucho miles after it sitting so long ... from the pics, your body looks pretty good ... what amazes me about these things is the resiliency and simplicity ...

bought my 78 during the holiday season from a chap in BC ... I found your comment about the colour code interesting, my colour code on the plate doesn't seem to match the year of the truck either ...oh well, its beige of some kind ...

enjoy ...
Winnie, Thanks for the note and have fun with your new rig. Did you drive yours back across Canada in the middle of winter? That would make for good adventure fun.

Winnie, Thanks for the note and have fun with your new rig. Did you drive yours back across Canada in the middle of winter? That would make for good adventure fun.

ahhhh, no ... first, too much salt or whatever mixture they're using in Ontario, and second, its been a bizarre winter so far ... snow, major ice storm (my power was out 2 1/2 days, others in the vicinity a week), major deep freeze right after, a bit of a thaw, and its cold again ...

looking forward to following what you do with your 40 ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom