A N T S !!!!

Poser

Oh...Durka Durka Durka.
s-Moderator
Supporting Vendor

Little black bastards, excavating under the apron in front of the shop...

Tried this crap..." spectracide brand Triazicide "

Seems to just be a snack bar for the little bastards...

What have you used to KILL THEM ALL?

Thanks!

Ortho Home Defense Max (Bifenthrin).

Just used it, worked very well for me.

Spray around the perimeter of the building inside and out, let it dry (which it does quickly), and you're safe to let the puppy out. Kills a lot of bugs as well as both sugar and carpenter ants.

Relatively nontoxic to mammaloids (just wash your beer glass after you spray it and before you drink out of it).

I use my thumb. Little bastards are climbing up the drain and into the kitchen sink. Only remedy thuse far is to keep the sink plugged and a little water in it.

Need to try IDave's thing - what with kiddos running around and all...

Give 'em the look ... tell them to SMB's, then blast away ... :grinpimp:

GIT 'ER DONE !!

Good luck Bro,

TY

Tarro... It is like a goooy liquid that you put on a piece of paper or cardboard. The little fellers take it back to the nest and it kills em all! found at your local hardware store.

orkin? alot of the store bought stuff is OK to so so ..... it sucks paying for someone but it would blow you away how much better thier s*** is.. (confesion: i do direct marketing for them) .... I would never pay thier prices but talstar and termidore are super good.......

next best thing is ortho or diazanon (sp) be really carefull of diazonon, you dont want your kids or pets geting into this stuff.

Brentbba

Former Golfer
SILVER Star

Seriously - a monthly visit by Terminix. See an infestation, call them and they come right out to treat it.

One thing they told us - clean up, vacuum out the dead critters. Ants like to come back and 'dispose' of their fallen friends....leading to another infestation.

We've been trouble free since doing all the above.

Shahram

I ain't got herpes no more.

Look, I'm no expert, but I've thought about this a lot, adn my techniques have so far worked for the kind of red ant I get here in SoCal. I've never been real comfortable with pesticides, I don't like the smell or the residue, and I figure there's probably a better way to get rid of bugs, although some methods may be more labor intensive or require some forethought.

If they're in your house, shop, etc., they're there for one or two of these things.

1) Escape from heat/cold.
2) It's hot, and they need water.
3) It's raining, and they need temporary dry shelter.
4) You've got food, and they want it.
5) They're setting up house.

In a few of these situations, like if they're setting up house, what you need to do is to make your house as unhospitable as possible. Put stuff in the house cracks that they come out of, seal them right up. This puts them in the position of having to find alternate routes. They will. Seal those up too. Make sure they can't get anything to eat or drink. They will tire quickly of moving and re-marking routes. If they can't forage, they'll leave or die. Smash any you find and leave the bodies. The remaining ants will work to bring the corpses back into their area. Keep smashing.

Guide them away from the structure. Put sugar away from the structure, like in a yard, and make them travel for it. This will keep them out of the living area of the house. If you really want them out of the wall, then once in a while, hit the trail with the hose and kill a bunch of them. They'll return. Hit 'em again. They'll come back again, but fewer will return. Keep going.

Nip the problem in the bud. The first ants you see, you should kill and leave the bodies. These are scouts, and when their buddies get word that they got wasted when they poked around, it'll seem less attractive for them to send in the hordes.

If you make the structure a real pain in the ass to live in, and make them suffer heavy losses, they will leave. They're very intelligent little bastards, and they'll find someplace else to go.

L

Lemon

Too bad you can’t get them to carry off some of the Asian beetle carcasses before you eradicate them.

Bought some stuff from Malayasia on the net. Worked great at killing piss ants. The instructions say it causes the ants to freak out and start killing each other. It must have worked cause the little bastards have not shown up in awhile.

You need to use a slow poison that the ants carry back to the nest to poison it. Boric acid is one of these, but I don't know how well it would work outdoors (rain will wash it away). The pros use some wet nasty stuff that doesn't kill them immediately, but lets them track it back to the nest, where it will poison the queen.

Quick acting insecticides, like Diazanon, will kill the ants you see, but won't stop them. As others have said, it just makes more ant muchies for the others. So don't use anything that you can watch kill the ants--it's just killing the ones you see and leaves the nest intact.

Top Bottom