A makeshift solution that works and lasted - rain gutter spout (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys,
just want to share a little makeshift solution with you. probably not good looking but quite effective.
Most of us who are living in the wetter parts of this world have some issues with rust in our 60's and I had the worst in my front doors close to the hinges. I believe a true design fault of the 60 body is responsible for this.
All the rainwater running down the gutters disapears into the gap where the a-pillar ends. Then it follows the door seal on the outside - and where the seal is fixed to the door water enters through the fixation holes (of the door seal). That's was my theory at least. For reinforcement theres quite a bit of (unpainted) sandwiching going on around the hinges - a pefect enviroment for rust .
A new door seal could help with that issue but after testing my makeshift solution for a year or so now I have to say that it is realy good and lasting - and whenever the truck gets wet I'm pleased that I diverted that flow. It doesn't look like but the door is actually just not touching the spout when it's opened. I got some black c-channel the other day and I might use that for a better appearance.
20211113_135920.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah Toyota never intended nor wanted these vehicles to last 40+ years

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom