A LONG story about Landcruisers, Meth and Self Worth. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That is a horrific encounter, but reading it I started laughing my ass off...sorry. Well written, and just picturing that idiot with an ol fashion kitchen utensil in his hand. Hell, he probably won’t even remember it.
Glad you got out ok.

Give people an idea where you are, mud’rs will help, and it helps with mud shipping.

Funny you said that about laughing. I was kind of laughing the whole time. I just couldn't believe it was happening. I guess Deep South is a little vague. I live in Powder Springs, GA. I will correct that on my profile.

hey saucerman, that's nuts! good to hear you got out unscathed n got your $h!t without too much ado. as others have said, keep in touch with the widow

Crazy story with crazy people. Good to hear you came out ok and were able to recover your $$ and tools. Good luck with the repairs.

Sorry for a crappy situation but thanks for a great story.

White trash is nothing if it’s not entertaining.
Hey Seth you are in cruiserparts.net’s neck of the woods. You have any experience with these guys?

I have two in my shop—-one out of an 87 that was not in there very long. Replaced by a shop in Colorado. It worked flawlessly. It’s in my shop since I put an LS motor in. The other one is from an earlier 83 or 84 I think. Transfer case lost the idler on that one so I don’t know what it’s like inside. Different length because of the spacer.

Either one is free to you, or anybody else after you.

White trash is nothing if it’s not entertaining.
Hey Seth you are in cruiserparts.net’s neck of the woods. You have any experience with these guys?

There ok, it does take some time, sometimes to get back to you..

I’ve got no experience with cruiser parts but I know there are some threads on them. I don’t remember if they are on the good list or the not so good list.

:)Yep, me too. When I gave up my old VW’s I really missed the community. I am a tinkerer at heart, not quite settled unless I have some sort of project. Wanted an FJ62 since highsvhool and finally got one. It’s a tinkerers dream! And the community is fandamtastic. What the trucks lack in parts availability is made up by community support. I love it.

Sounds like you’ve got this covered - but here’s an idea:

Call up the old lady. Offer her $500 for the entire truck and tell her to call you the next time the son is out with his tweaker buddies.

Work out a deal with a local wrecking yard, where they’ll tow it to their place and you pull the parts you need - they keep the rest.

If you do it this way - it’s never going to be at your house or titled in your name. You get the trans and parts and remove them in a safe environment.

I am going to stay in contact with her but until her son gets arrested again or finds some cardboard box to live in under an overpass. I won't make a move on the Cruiser. I think he would just make her life more miserable. He might do worse. I am not going to keep in touch though, you know a Kroger/Publix gift card her and there, maybe have her yard mowed sometime. You should see the place. You can tell the POS doesn't do anything to help out around the house. You could tell it used to be a nice place.

You are all stand-up folks but if any of you ever have dealings with this guy
Shes Mad
then you can rest assured you are dealing with another stand-up individual who goes the extra mile.
Now why can't all my other dealings in every day life be like this?

You are all stand-up folks but if any of you ever have dealings with this guy
Shes Mad
then you can rest assured you are dealing with another stand-up individual who goes the extra mile.
Now why can't all my other dealings in every day life be like this?
in answer to your ? the lyrics of a song come to mind... 'nothing ever goes as planned, it's a hellava notion'

Help is on the way!

3CA776A4-5B4A-4432-B9CE-93FBDEDEA1B1.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom