A little info on toyo mt's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been looking around on the net at the specs of different tires for my future tire purchase. One of the main things that i've been looking at is tire weight. i found that the toyo mt's, which seem to be popular on the board, in a 33x12.50x15 weigh a whoppin 75 pounds!!! this was about 20 pounds more than most tires that i have looked at (most of the major mt's)

Just thought that was a good piece of information to throw out there for people that might be looking for tires.

By the way the lightest tire i've found is the yoko geolander at 52 lbs.

...and a question...
Does anyone know the weight of a bfg mud in a 33x12.5 or a 33x10.5?

The Toyo MT's are very 'round' and smooth riding for a MT. They are really tough and I like the really beefy sidewall lugs. They make MTR's look like AT's.

But yes, they are heavy! and expensive! When I bought them, they were around $206 ea. I got the Toyo MT's because they were cheaper than the MTR's.
Now I hear they are tickling $250+?

One thing I have to say is that once on the trail, you just don't care about weight. You simply want the tires to perform and not rip apart or chunk up. The Toyos are nice tires.

At the prices now, I would look to cheaper alternatives. Not that the Toyos are bad, they are excellent tires but I found it hard to spend $206 for a tire much less $250! If you can find them for close to $200, i think the Toyos should be a strong contender.

yeah i like the toyos but i'm not really concidering them i just have been looking at all specs of all tires so i know what i'm looking at comparitivley. Just thought that it was interesting how much heavier they were than all the other tires. even super swamper bias plys.

they are tough tires...

Yep they are heavy, you will notice it when pulling one off for the first time (and every time after that) and most likely when you get in and drive after they are installed. I would definitely buy them again though, they have performed very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom