A little help with availability BJ42 24V glow plugs canada

Hi, I am in the process of rewiring the BJ after PO butchered the entire wiring harness. I have also noticed that he was running a Wilson switch but on a 12 v source to the plugs. I want to go 24V glow plugs and a beefier relay. Relay i have glow plugs I tried sourcing with numbers I found on this forum. Does anyone have current part numbers and where I can source in Canada Atlantic region if possible.

Thank you

Lots to unpack here... What year truck? Did it have super glow? Running 12v is bad juju so good that you're replacing. If you have the stock relay(s) you can use those with your Wilson switch as they are very robust. I ask all these questions because it will affect the plugs you need

Its a 1981 Its a 24v setup but the PO had it wired to Ford style relay. The source was from a single 12v battery to the glow plugs activated by a push button. I am rebuilding all of the wiring and want to run this off a 24 v source. On another post I received some part numbers for 24v Glow plugs but cannot source them locally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom